12

Alex

Amelia is asleep with her head using my bare chest as a pillow when her door swings open to reveal Kate.

Her eyes widen when she sees us, and my head lifts up, which makes my body shake and causes Amelia to wake up. Luckily she's wearing a t-shirt, but little does her Mom know; that's all she's wearing.

"Amelia," Kate says and Amelia snaps her head round to the door. "I was just coming to tell you that i'm heading out to see a house and wondered if you want to come?"

"Uhh, no thanks.  I'm really tired."

Kate nods, looking at me and smiling which confuses the hell out of me because I thought she hated me after the rape drug incident.

When she's gone I drop my head onto the pillow and Amelia looks at me. "She'll think we're just having a friendly sleepover."

"Oh yeah, totally." I roll my eyes and she hits me playfully.

"I'm gonna take a shower," she sits up.

"Want some company?"

"No thanks. I still haven't forgiven you for the awkward conversation I had to have with my Mom about why I moaned so loud on Thursday night."

I pout. "Guess I'll just have to lay here and let my imagination run wild thinking about you in the shower."

"You're disgusting."

While Amelia's in the shower, I check my texts, not even bothering to open the ones from Cal. I'm too happy right now, and I'm trying not to think about him. I ignore most of them as they're just texts from girls that Val has given my number to, however I spot one from Ray.

We need to talk.

Oh shit. Is Ray actually coming to me to talk? It's probably about the Dad killing someone thing. I respond with:

Where are you?

Gym. Be back soon.

I wonder if that's where he always goes. If it is, he must be really obsessed with fitness, or maybe it's a way to let off steam.

Amelia comes back into her room, dressed in just a towel that is tied above her cleavage. I watch her intently while she gets dressed.

"Stop looking at me like that," she says while doing the straps of her bra, a hot red one. "Alex!"

I look up at her eyes, my eyebrows raised. "I was just admiring the fine material of your underwear."

When I hear the front door open, I throw on some sweatpants and go downstairs. Ray is sat on the couch, a bottle of water in his hands, and I sit down beside him.

"Qué pasa?"

"Are you working for Dad's old boss?" He blurts out.

"Why would you think-"

"Just tell me."

"Yes," I say, hesitantly.

He leans back on the couch and bites his lip, thinking. "It's not fair that Dad left this all behind for you to deal with. How'd you even see him kill a guy, anyway?"

"Cal had guys pick me up. They brought me to him and Dad; used me as blackmail to get him to do it."

There is a long silence. "You know, I really fucking hate him."