13

"One time, we went shopping and Maria accidentally walked out of the shops without paying for a bag she planned on getting. We were stopped by security and Maria had to explain how she forgot to pay for an item. One of the officers kept flirting with her, and when she had enough she punched him and almost got arrested for assault and battery." T laughed. She and Michael had been taking turns to expose Maria's most mortifying secrets.
"Wait- I think I got it." Michael said. "We were throwing a party for T's birthday, so we all hid in the house. When I said, hide, I meant behind the sofas and doors. But Maria- oh Maria- she actually went upstairs and hid under T's bed. 5 minutes later, she was confused as to why no one found her, and went downstairs only to find that the party had already started. T was opening presents and was just about to open Maria's. We all assumed Maria went home because she wasn't feeling well. Anyways so just as T was about to open the present Maria had left for her, Maria jumps out of nowhere, shouting 'you can't open it without me.' But as she jumped on T, she ruined her own present."
"I don't even remember what the present was." Maria said. "No more, guys. Stop."
"One more." Jeremy said, taking a bite of his pizza. It had come earlier and he still hadn't finished his. "I just really want to tell people the solstice story."
"Oh no, Jeremy." Maria groaned. "Maybe next time. You need to get going to Elena."
"But what if Damon's there?" He said, knowing she hated the idea of Damon near him. "He might snap my neck again."
"Again?" Michael asked. "Dude, pretty sure if your neck got snapped, you'd die."
"Well that would be the case, except I have this ring that brings me back to life if a supernatural kills me. We call it the Gilbert ring 'cos it's a family heirloom. Damon snapped my neck once, because he was pissed."
"Hey, Mare? Need us to rough up this Damon guy? Sounds like quite the character."
"Yes please." She smirked. "They don't know I'm a witch so I could only hurt him by the protection spell my 'friend' placed on me, and a vervain perfume. Very potent."
"You're evil." T smirked. "I guess, I'm the friend."
"Yep. Also, I think we should all go to wherever they hang out. I could introduce you two to another Bennett."
"Wait. You never told us there was another Bennett here." Michael said, offended.
"Yes she did. When we first met her, doofus."
"I don't remember."
"You were probably just zoning me out. I mean, that was all you did."
"Funny. Come on. Take us. I wanna meet my distant family member." Michael said. Though he usually was indifferent about things, family was the one thing he wanted. Sure he had his sister, but he was quickly made an orphan. And as far as he knew, he had no other family. He never knew his father either.

"You sure they're here?" Maria asked her brother.
"I told you already, Mia. They're most likely to be here or the boarding house unless they've got a plan for something or another." Jeremy replied exasperated before getting out of the car. Everyone else followed suit and walked inside the Mystic Grill.
"Do you guys want to get a drink first?" Maria asked.
"Hell yes." T said, making her way to the front. Michael just rolled his eyes.
"What can I get you?" The bartender asked.
"Could I get something mystic?" T asked, flirting. This time it was Maria who rolled her eyes.
"I'd like a mimosa." Maria said.
"Can I get a Long Island Iced Tea?" Michael asked, glaring. " And a whiskey sour for my sister."
"For god's sake, stop frowning, Mikey." T told her brother, using a nickname she hadn't used in a while. "You're a bit young to get frown lines."
"Jeremy, you want anything?"
"You're offering me an alcoholic drink even thought I'm underage?" He asked. "I'd like a scotch. Neat."
"What he said." Maria told the bartender, before looking around. "There they are. I'll bring Bonnie over to you and we'll stay out of your way."
Maria dashed away before her friends could say anything. "Hey Maria." Elena said, noticing her sister.
"Hey, Elena. Sorry, can I steal Bonnie for a bit?" She said.
"Me?" Bonnie asked.
"You want little miss witchy?" Damon asked, raising a brow. "What for?"
"None of your business, dick." Maria glared at him.
"So you don't plan on ever forgiving me?" Damon asked.
"I don't just plan on it not happening, I won't let it happen. You murdered my brother." She turned back to Bonnie. "Come on, got some people for you to meet."
"Let's finish our drinks and go somewhere a little more private." Maria said. "I don't want ears listening in to my plan on killing vampires. Especially a pesky one called Damon Salvatore."
"Wait, we're going to kill someone?" T asked.
"No, T. I was just looking to see if a certain someone really was listening in. Besides, other than the protection spell you put on me, I can't actually do anything. Well anything other than hate on him." Maria explained. Bonnie looked seriously confused.
"You two are witches?"
"Yep. Pleasure to meet you, Bonnie Bennett. I'm Michael, and this is my sister T."
"They wanna talk shop." Maria said. "You don't mind, do you? I promise, you want to hear this."
"Um sure, I guess." She said.
"Awesome." Maria payed for their drinks as she and the others finished off theirs. "You're driving, though."

"Alright spill. What's going on? And don't give me that 'talking shop' crap. We could have done that in the grill. It's not like the vampires would care." Bonnie asked. They had gone back to Maria's house, and were in the living room.
"Wait a second." T said, bringing out some sage. "For all we know the vamp followed us."
"Alright, now we're ready." Maria said, once T had finished. "Bonnie Bennett, meet Michael and Tiana Bennett."
"We'll go upstairs now." Jeremy said, dragging his sister up the stairs, to give the others space.
"But it was just about to get interesting." Maria whined.