39

"Jenna's here?"
"Yeah."
"Well, Jenna's dead," I told Hanna. "So Jenna doesn't get a say, anymore."
"She says, she might be dead, but she still cares. She says if you love him, really love him- like nuclear bomb totally consuming mind blowing love him- you should forgive him."
"Jenna." I said aloud. "I do, but you know it's not that simple. Sometimes love isn't enough."
"You said that about Michael." Hanna pointed out. I sat her down of the chair, and started on her hair.
"I love Klaus, but it doesn't change the fact that he left me to go kill my family. Maybe, I'd have been able to forgive him, if I'd met him and fallen for him after he'd killed you, Jen." I shrugged. "But he left me, to kill you guys. That's what pisses me off. Jenna was innocent, but he killed her to prove a point to Elena, who he thought was going to be dead, so really, Jeremy would have been the real victim. Left without his family. Except me." I said. "I can move on. I need time, but, I do like Michael. And in time, I think I could love him."
"But not the kind of love you have for Klaus." Hanna said. I didn't know if that was her speaking or Jenna.
"Maybe not. Maybe it'll be a different kind of love. You can never have the same love for two different people. Maybe my love for Michael will be more. But that'll be okay. Because Michael is different. He's not Klaus." I sighed. "There, now it's Sara's turn. Hanna, can you go get the baby bag downstairs? It should be in the living room."
"Fine. But that doesn't mean this conversation is over." She walked out. I went over to Sara who was playing some game on my phone.
"I need to buy you more actual toys," I told her. "You shouldn't even know how to unlock my phone." She just giggled.
"Toys." She said.
"Yes." I sat on the bed and put her on my lap, starting on her hair. I was only going to put it in a ponytail for her. I then started helping her take her clothes off.
"Oh my god, this is so cute!" Hanna walked back in with a pink dress that had buttons at the front, a sleeveless white fur coat, light pink stockings and a white headband. I'd got for her in England.
"That looks great," I dressed her. "Come, on. Let's go next door." I walked over to the wall I'd put Jeremy through earlier and knocked thrice then placed my palm flat on the wall. The portal opened. Each knock would let a person go through. I let Hanna go first, then led Sara through.
"Come on!" Hanna called at me. "Hurry!"
"I'm right here." I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs, Hanna behind me now. I walked to the living room, and switched on the light.
"Surprise!" Everyone chorused. Kara and Sara blew on a whistle. I smiled, but my eyes fell on two people I hadn't expected. My breath caught in my throat.
"Wh-what are you doing here?"
"Surprise!" Lindsay smiled before enveloping me in a hug. I hugged her back, and Mabel joined so I was part of a sandwich.
"Oh my god, you guys!" I grinned. "You're here. You're actually here."
"Well, yeah. I mean, it's been a few years, but since when do we miss parties?" Lindsay grinned. I felt a tug from my side, and let go of the girls, looking down at sara. I picked her up and smiled. T came and put a party hat on my head, and on Sara's and on Hanna's. I laughed. It was childish, but it was perfect.
"Lindsay, Mabel. This is Sara, my daughter."
"You have a daughter?" Mabel asked, shocked.
"And you didn't tell us?" Lindsay added.
"Don't take it personally," Jeremy said from behind. "She didn't tell anyone in Mystic Falls."
"Yeah," Big Sara added, throwing an arm over Lindsay and Mabel. "She didn't even tell her parents."
"Technically I didn't tell my parents I was pregnant. They died so I couldn't tell them I had a baby even if I wanted to."
"She's so precious!" Mabel changed the subject. "And who's that?" She said smiling at Hanna.
"This is my sister, Hanna." I said, pushing her forward. "I found out she was alive a few months ago."
"Hanna?" Lindsay asked. She pulled her in for a hug. "Maria always talked about you. I mean, always."
"I was one the last time we saw each another." She furrowed her brows in confusion.
"Well you made quite the impression." Mabel grinned. "I'm Mabel, that's Lindsay."
"Nice to meet you." Hanna smiled. I looked around the room. All of my friends were here. Lindsay, Mabel, Sara, T, Michael, Lydia, Kara. My siblings, well those I liked, Jeremy and Hanna. My daughter, Sara. But for some reason, a small part of me found myself wishing Klaus was here. I shouldn't, but I did. There was a knock on the door. I jumped, and looked around.
"Did you guys invite anyone else?"
"No." T shook her head. I walked over to the door, still holding Sara.
"Hi, I'm here about a noise complaint." Liz grinned.
"Liz!" I smiled. "Caroline?"
"Can we come in?"
"Um-" I looked at Caroline awkwardly. I usually liked her enough, but she was Elena's friend. And as long as she was, I couldn't trust her.
"It's important. We saw him." Liz said. I widened the door, and let them in.
"Come on in, Caroline." I said.
"Thank you." She smiled. She closed the door behind them as I led them to the living room, where music was playing softly.
"Hey, T? Can you take Sara for a sec?" I said. She nodded and I put Sara on the ground leading her to T. "Hey, Caroline, you can stay down here, mingle, while I talk to your mom upstairs."
"What's going on?" She asked. "Some psycho v-"
"Caroline." I laughed nervously. "Don't worry, also, uh-" I lowered my voice, "there are humans who don't know about the supernatural here."
"Oh, right. Okay. But seriously, what exactly was my mom investigating?"
"Nothing." I said sternly. I grabbed Liz's hand and pulled her up the stairs.