25

AN-I know Maria's supposed to be 23, but I'm going to change her age to be 27 for the rest of the story

"Maria. What a surprise?" Klaus said when he opened the door, only to find her standing there.
"I'm not here for chitchat. You tried to kill my little brother, did you really think I was going to let that go easily?"
"I hoped?" He questioned. She slapped him.
"Oh no. I haven't even started." She pulled him by the ear and sat him down.
"Now, now. You can't hurt me."
"Want to test that?" She smirked. She reached into her bag and grasped the vervain and aconite grenade in her bag- extra concentrated of course, slowly. The element of surprise was key here. "He's my little brother, doofus."
"I'm sorry?"
"No you're not." As quickly as she could she threw the grenade at his face, then punched his already healing nose.
"Ow." He groaned.
"You haven't seen 'ow' yet." She stabbed him in the heart with an ordinary stake while he protected his face and watched him grow grey.

An hour later, Maria left the Mikaelson Manor, with a smug smirk on her face. She'd gotten her revenge on one Vampire. A lot more to go. Next would be Stefan, for threatening to turn Elena into a vampire just to get Klaus to blink. Though maybe that one could wait. Elena didn't seem to mind, and was kind of being a bitch. She'd come back to Stefan later. Damon could go next, for the time he killed Jeremy, and turned Vicki and killed Mason and everything else. She nodded to herself, before going home and starting a locator spell.

"Damon Salvatore. Just the vampire I was looking for." Maria faked a smile. Stefan sat next to him, at the bar. "If you'll excuse me Stefan."
"Sure, whatever." He replied.
"Actually I'm not okay with this." Damon said and tried to shrug away her hand.
"You really don't have a choice." She smirked and pulled him away from the Mystic Grill.
"A little help here brother?" Damon called, and Stefan stood. Maria gave him aneurysms to keep in place. A witch's favourite spell. Maria, after dragging Damon to her car, magically snapped his neck.
"Oh, I am so going to have fun." She whispered to herself before driving off to the Salvatore manor. She dragged to the basement- a place she heard was reserved for their enemies and pumped his veins full of vervain.

She finally walked out of the little cell, where Damon was well not fine. She walked upstairs to wash off the blood- she was sure Elena had some clothes she could borrow. Once she was done she drove to her sister- Hanna.
"Maria!"
"Hey, Hanna. How are you?"
"I thought you'd forgotten me."
"No, I'm sorry. I wanted to visit but I had a lot of things come back to haunt me. I had to leave the country for a few weeks."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, it's just, I have a daughter."
"You do?"
"Yeah. Her name is Sara."
"Nice name." Hanna smiled.
"Yeah. Full name, Sara Hannah Lorde."
"You named her after me?"
"Of course, I did. It was going to be her first name, but I thought Sara suited her a little better. It means woman of high rank, or princess in Hebrew, Arabic and Persian."
"Cute. Is she okay? You said things happened."
"Yeah. I put her up for adoption, but her adoptive parents died, recently. I went back to get custody."
"Can I meet her soon?"
"Definitely." Hanna hesitated. "Maria?"
"Yeah kid?"
"It's been getting worse. I'm scared."
"What do you see?"
"There's this woman. Red hair, a little older than you. Well more ginger to light brown. I don't know. Sometimes when the light shines on it, it's red."
"Do you know her name?" Hanna stared to the left of Maria.
"She's next to you, right now." Hanna focused. "She says her name is Jenna."
"What?!" Maria exploded. "That's imposs- Unless.. You can see ghosts who're in Peace? And what is up with ghosts standing next to me?"
"I have no idea what any of that means."
"Oh my god. Okay, okay- so all this is crazier than I thought."
"She said, stop freaking out." Maria looked over.
"What else is she saying?"
"She said, that she misses you."
"Tell her, tell her I miss her too. Everyone does."
"She can hear you." Hanna smiled. "She said. Don't worry, John's there too- being a John as usual."
"You should give him another chance, Jen." Maria spoke directly to Jenna.
"She said maybe, she's gone now."
"Thank you for that, Hanna. Thank you."
"It's fine. The least I can do for you. Who is she?"
"She was a big sister to me. Technically an aunt, through my adoptive family but she wasn't that much older than me."
"Oh."
"Have you seen anyone else."
"There's a boy. He just stands there watching sometimes."
"So you have a ghostly stalker?"
"I don't know. It's more like he's watching over me."
"If you're sure."
"I'm almost sure." Hanna changed the subject. "So when exactly are you going to introduce me to baby Sara?"
"Soon, don't you worry. You're pretty lucky that you're still young. Growing up and meeting boys are the worst."
"That bad?"
"Especially when they turn out to be psychopaths."
"What'd your guy do?"
"Well, let's just say I don't trust him with anyone, anymore. He'd use anyone for his own personal gain."
"Why would you ever date him?"
"How do you know that I dated him?"
"I'm 13, not stupid!"
"Alright, alright. Kids, these days."
"Come on, I want to hear more."
"Alright, so when I first met him, he was a di-douche. But then I eventually got to know him more. He was still a douche but he had his moments. After months of persistency on his part, we went out to dinner. The guy pulled out all the stops. Sent me a fancy dress. Picked me up in a fancy car. Gave me a fancy bracelet. Took me to a fancy restaurant. Ordered some fancy food. I drew the line at a string quartet."
"Aww. What happened? He sounds like a keeper."
"It's not all about the material stuff, you know. But it was nice, I'll admit. A date turned into 4, which turned into exclusively dating and labels. Then seven months later, we moved in together. It was great. I told him I was adopted, but he must have thought I was adopted in England because I lived there. One day, 2 or 3 months later he saw a picture with Elena in the background. He wanted to know who she was. I told him she must've been a tourist and took back my phone. Things sort of went downhill from there. And then a week after our one year anniversary, we broke up. 3 months later, I came here and bumped into him."
"Is he still alive?"
"Depends on your definition. I told you we're witches-"
"Let me guess. He's a vampire."
"What gave it away?"
"Well you said he's sort of alive, and you brought up the Supernatural."
"You're pretty smart. But he's one of the first vampires."
"So how old is he?"
"Pretty old. He was born a werewolf though, but it was dormant all these years, and then very recently- a couple months ago- he did this ritual to wake up his inner wolf."
"Oh. So he's pretty strong."
"He's the strongest creature."
"So what did he do to piss you off. Other than the whole fiasco he pulled in England?"
"He hurt my family. That's why you are not to meet him. If anyone by the name of Klaus, or even Nick, comes, I don't want you to even say hello. You stay away from him. Please?"
"But doesn't he love you? I mean, the way I see it, the picture of your sister probably reminded him of someone he once knew. Maybe he didn't want you to end up like her?"
"No, he needed to drain her of her blood for his ritual."
"Okay, I get your point. But then, you and Sara aren't safe with him either."
"Well, he would never hurt Sara. I know that for sure. I mean, I wouldn't ask him to babysit but he knows she's definitely off-limits. And I can take care of myself. It's just when it comes to my siblings, he has a pretty bad track record. With Jeremy, Elena. Even Jenna and John, were his fault. Okay John was indirectly his fault. Either way, I don't want to add you to the list."
"We're witches. There has to be something that can protect me. Please. I want to stay with you. My powers are scaring me. I can't stop it. It's not just ghosts. I have nightmares almost every night. I can never sleep."
"I'll see what I can do, okay? I'll look in every grimoire that I have available. I'll find something to keep you safe then you can come live with me."
"Thank you." Hanna grinned. "What's a grimoire?"