30

There was a knock on Maria's door, but she wasn't expecting anyone. Confused she walked to the door and tentatively opened it. As soon as she saw who it was, she enveloped him in a big hug. "Oh my god, Jer! You're back!"
"Hey, Mia." He smiled.
"Come in, come in!" She laughed in glee, ushering him inside.
"Guess you're glad to see me, huh?" He smiled.
"You think? Dude, I've missed you."
"Missed you too, sis. Didn't get to say goodbye to you."
"It's okay. It wasn't your fault. So how was the journey back?"
"Extremely awkward. I walked in on Elena and Damon kissing."
"Oh, so she's kissing him now?" Maria rolled her eyes. "Whatever. So there's some new faces in the living room, as well as an old face."
"I'm not old!" Sara yelled from the living room. Jeremy furrowed his brows.
"Is that-?"
"Yeah." Maria said, and all of a sudden Jeremy looked uncomfortable as they walked into the living room.
"Maria! I'm not old."
"No, Sara. You're not. I meant old as in familiar."
"Oh. Okay. Then I'm old." Sara said as they sat. "Hi, Jerry."
"It's Jeremy?" He corrected, slightly unsure. Sara had always creeped him out a little.
"Sorry, Jenny."
"Moving on." Maria said, knowing Sara was just trying to rile him up on purpose. "That over there, is Lydia. She lives next door. This is Hanna, my baby sister. Which I'm just going to say, right now, makes you two siblings by default. That's Kara. She's one of the few fangs I trust."
"Vampire?"
"Yeah. And you know Michael, and T. And you know Sara junior over here." Maria said picking up her daughter.
"Hey, Sara." Jeremy cooed, then turned to Hanna. "Hi Hanna."
"Hi, Jeremy." She smiled.
"How old are you?" He asked.
"Thirteen. You?"
"I'm seventeen."
"So you're almost an adult?"
"Yeah." He smiled. Everyone started their own conversations, aware of the two teenagers in the room.
"Are you in college?"
"No. I still have two more years. How do you like middle school?"
"It's okay. There's this girl who's a-" Hanna looked at Sara jr. "well, not very nice."
"How much of a-" This time Jeremy glanced over at Sara jr. "not very nice person is she?"
"Well, she always tries to make a big deal out of the fact that I don't have any family, or well I didn't, and she doesn't understand that no one cares. So all of her insults and retorts usually backfire, but still she's really annoying and some of the things she does get to me."
"Like what?"
"Well, there was this guy I liked-"
"You're thriteen. Why do you even know what a guy is?" Jeremy asked. "Boys have cooties, Hanna. Boys are bad."
Hanna giggled at Jeremy. "Anyways, so yeah, and then she told him I was a different mean word."
"She said what?"
"Don't worry. My best friend and I got her back."
"What did you do?"
"Don't worry, it's taken care of." Hanna winked with a smirk.
"So, who's hungry?" Michael interrupted.
"Well, I know I'm starving." Maria said standing up, giving Michael a hug. "We all know I love me some Mikey food."
"Thanks." He smiled back at her.
"Before you two make out, remember there are kids in the room." Jeremy smirked.
"Oh right, there are three of you now, aren't there?" Maria shot back.
"Touché, Mia."

Jeremy had decided to stay overnight at Maria's place. Since Lydia had her very own house next door she suggested taking whoever needed a place to stay. Maria had kept a house for Jeremy and Hanna so they had somewhere to stay. There was one more guest room at Maria's place that T had claimed as her own, so big Sara, Kara and Michael stayed over at Lydia's. Though no one actually left until 3 am. Maria was woken up by some loud banging on her door at eleven. It seemed that for once baby Sara had slept in, though she did stay up until one. Reluctantly she got out of bed and walked to the door to see Elena there.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, running her hand through her hair.
"Is Jeremy here?"
"What?"
"Jeremy didn't come back home last night and well we did piss off an Original."
"Don't you do that anyway?"
"Your boyfriend sent his brother to spy on Jeremy in Denver."
"Told you not to send him away. Now please. We're all still asleep, here. We had a bit of an... um.. well" Maria smirked. "Fun night."
"Jeremy's not allowed to drink."
"You are kidding right? You think there's any alcohol in this house? Sweetie, I can't get drunk when I'm raising a kid as a single mother. Especially not at home."
"What about when she goes to sleep?"
"Unless I hire a babysitter, no. I'm not that irresponsible. She's a kid, they wake up at all hours and lets not forget the hangover in the morning. Anyways, Jeremy's asleep in bed."
"Can I come in? I want to talk to you."
"If you want to talk to me, it won't be here where my family is. I don't trust you much."
"Maria-"
"Elena what do you want me to say? I'll meet you at the Grill later, or something. It's way too early for me to have this conversation."
"But-"
"I just got out of bed. There is no way we are having a conversation right now. Jeremy's fine and safe. Goodbye." Maria slammed the door on her sister and walked back into her room.