Chapter 9

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

NamJoon POV:

I quickly make on last cup of coffee before my co-worker comes in to relieve me. I take a deep breath and head his way, checking the hardware store to see if he's still working. After being told he already left, I make my way to his apartment.

I can't believe this. Why am I so nervous yet really excited? I was never like this with Jin so why am I with Jungkook? I'm getting my hopes up and he probably isn't even gay. It would be great if he was because maybe we could have something...

Jungkook opens the door and smiles, as i can see his bunny teeth when he did. He is truly a beautiful man, hand crafted perfectly by God himself.

He greets me and introduces me to his mother before heading to his bedroom. His room is exactly what I expected to be dark and depressing. Jungkook exits the room again to get the dinner, leaving me alone. I wander around looking at the little trinkets on his desk and the picture he must have drawn.

Wow he's beautiful and talented? This man is truly above human.

When I see a notebook laying on his desk I open it, thinking I'll be greeted by more drawings but what I'm greeted by is words. If he writes poetry too, I'm proposing to him right now. I look closer on the first page.

Number 1

Yelling bus driver
29 park road apartment 4A
Leaves at 6Am arrives at 7:10 AM
Done.

Well it's not a poetry. What is this? I look through the notebook suddenly realizing these are the names the serial killer gave his victims. What is Jungkook doing with this?

It can't be him..... Right? No he's too perfect to be the killer. Maybe he's just interested in the case. Maybe he's an undercover police officer who's investigating suspects and that's why he's been watching me. But why would he have the addresses of the victims and their schedule. Now that I think about it, Jungkook is pretty dark and mysterious.. No it can't be... He's too handsome to be a killer.

I continue to flip through the book, hoping I'll find some evidence that this is just a school project or undercover police business.

Blonde horn honker

I remember watching this with Jin. I don't think there's been one since but when I flip the page there's writing.

Number 30

Brown haired boy.
Corner of the Main Street in the ##### park
Leaves at 5:30AM arrives at 5PM
Apartment building 21 Main Street.

My heart leaps to my throats and my breath gets trapped in my lungs.

Oh my god.. That's me.

I drop the book and step back from the desk. Jungkook is the barrel killer..

And I'm his next victim!

But he's perfect. He's too good to be a killer. Why him? Why does he want to kill me? I thought we could have something. I wanted to have something special with him. But of course the man of my dreams is a Serial killer

Jungkook enters the room. I turn around and saw him with two plates in his hands. Even though I know he's a killer, but he still gives me the sparks when ever I look at his dark brown eyes.

"Sorry it took My mother so long to make the dinner." He says putting the plates on his bed. "What is the matter?"

I didn't know what to say so I just pointed at the notebook. He looks at it and his eyes widen. Showing emotion for a split of seconds.

"Please tell me you're an undercover police officer," I stutter.

"I cannot say that because I am not." Jungkook says as he lowers his head. Is he ashamed? He should be ashamed !!!

"T-then you're the barrel killer?"

"for God sake,"  he sighs. "Yeah, but they could not have used a better name??"

"You're a killer so why do you care?"
I exclaim loudly.

"Shhh" he shushes me. "My mother does not know and neither you should."

"I-I'm obviously your next victim. That's why am I here, that's why you wanted to get close to me so you could kill me," I state gesturing the notebook again. "So why haven't you done it yet? You obviously know where I live and when I'm home so why are you putting off the inevitable?" He doesn't answer he just stares at me with his unreadable eyes.

I want nothing more than to scream and cry, but I don't. It's no use. He's done this countless times before.

"Can you make it quick? I don't want to feel anything. And I would prefer, if you don't put me in a barrel but I know that's your style. " he looks to the side and I follow his eyes to the dresser where three different sizes knifes sit.

"Just do it already," I cry, tears in my eyes. Jungkook walks over and picks up the knife, my heart pounds. I felt like throwing up. Jungkook holds the knife tightly in his left hand. I close my eyes as he raises his arm to stab me or slice my throat or whatever he does.

So this is it? This is how it ends, at the hands of the most famous serial killer in korea. I should've known he wasn't gay, I should've known this wasn't going to end well. I should've stayed in Australia right after my university like my mother told me, but no I thought i could make it here, I thought that I would have a happier life here. I guess mothers really do know the best, and what about Jungkook's mother? Does she know he's a killer? What will she say or react when he carries my body out of here?

I clench my teeth and hold my breath when I felt a hand grabbing my arm forcefully. And a cool blade touching my neck. I had so much things I wanted to do in life and goals to achieve but I guess this is the end.

🌷 VOTE || COMMENT 🌷