Chapter 42

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

Jungkook sucks In a breath, squeezing Namjoon's hand tight as the nurse stitches him back up.

"Now," the nurse says once she wraps Jungkook in a bandage, "can you tell me how this puncture wound reopened? And how it's deeper than it was before?" She puts her hands on her hips and stares at Jungkook who remains silent. "I'm not here to get you in trouble Jungkook but you need to tell me what happened so I can do what needs to be done to treat it,"

"Jungkook," NamJoon says gesturing for him to tell her. Jungkook sighs rolling his eyes.

I tried to kill myself because I'm a killer that deserves to die

"I stuck a knife in the wound," Jungkook says and the nurse gasps.

"Why on earth would you even do that?!"

NamJoon said he was leaving me and I knew I wouldn't be able to live without him.

"You told me I had to say what happened. You didn't say I needed to tell you the reason." Jungkook says.

"Alright," the nurse backs off. "Keep an eye on it, and your free to go whenever you want." She says before exiting. Jungkook looks down at his newly wrapped side. How did he end up like this? One day he killed someone for stepping on his toe and now he's shoving a knife into his own wound because of a boy who said he didn't love him. The moment he met NamJoon, his world got completely turned around.

"So have you thought about it?" NamJoon asks and Jungkook furrows his eyebrows. "Are you gonna try?"

"Of course I am. I can't lose you," Jungkook says taking his shirt from NamJoon's hand. He pulls his shirt over his head and leans on NamJoon to get off the bed.

"What did you do to her?" NamJoon asks.

Do you really want to know? I don't think you really want to know..

"I left her in the field," Jungkook says softly. "I didn't want to waste my time hiding her." NamJoon swallows and nods. "I'm sorry."

Well to be honest I dumped her body in a nearby pond so it'd be harder to find, and NamJoon doesn't need to know that.

"I know," NamJoon says, squeezing Jungkook's hand gently. "Just promise me it's over."

"I can't promise that, but I'll try to quit."

"So you promise to try?" NamJoon says and Jungkook nods. "Thank you."

they left the hospital and took a taxi back to their apartment.

They enter their apartment in silence. NamJoon helps Jungkook into the lounge before he walks to his room to change. He needs to be at school in a hour or half. He's gonna be tired all day for sure.

Jungkook sighs, placing his hand over his new stitched up side. He has four days, four days to stay out of trouble, four days to prove his love for NamJoon. If NamJoon leaves him his life will be over in one way or another.

Jungkook's stomach growls, letting him know he's hungry. Jungkook groans pushing himself off the sofa again and slowly walking to the kitchen, where he makes himself a bowl of cereal.

"Alight," NamJoon enters the kitchen. "I better be off... cereal for the serial Killer I see," he smirkes. Jungkook staring at him with a blank expression. "Was that rude?" NamJoon immediately looks apologetic, but Jungkook chuckles making him feel better. "No that was a good one." He smiles. NamJoon laughs and starts heading towards the door. "Wait. No goodbye kiss?" NamJoon walks over and presses his lips to Jungkook's gently. "I love you."

"I love you to babe," NamJoon says. Jungkook watches NamJoon exit before making his way back to the sofa, where he plops down nearly spilling the cereal in his laps.

🌷 VOTE || COMMENT 🌷