Chapter 41

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

NamJoon POV

I don't want to go back to Australia, but I know it's for my own good. If I stay here I might go insane. But what will happen to Jungkook? Will he really turn himself in or worse will he really kill himself? And if he does neither, he'll go on a killing spree.

But what about me? I need to think of myself too. If I stay I'm allowing him to drag me down with him, but if I go I'm responsible for whatever he does next; caught, killed or for killing. Who do I help? It's me or him.

Do I do what's best for Jungkook or what's best for me?

I shouldn't have said I don't love him, or I can't love him. I shouldn't have said it because it's not true. I do love him. I love him so much and it hurts. But he'll never let me go If I tell him that he means the world to me and I love him with every once of my being. But since I told him that I can't love him he'd rather kill himself than live his life in jail.

He's not exaggerating about killing himself either. He literally broke his gunshot wound back open with his thumb. Most people wouldn't even dare take the bandage off. It makes me think about how bad it must hurt, especially after that woman elbowed him there. How far is he willing to go to convince me to stay with him? I honestly can say I don't want to find out.

I can't leave until this weekend anyway. I have to fill in at that school. Jungkook has that long to prove himself to me, or that long to guilt me into staying with him, either way he has time. I wonder if I should tell him that or if I should let things play out naturally.

I jump when I hear Jungkook scream loudly. I rushed to his room to see he wasn't there, but instead finding him sitting in the bathtub in the bathroom, shirtless and holding a bloody knife. His gunshot wounds gushes crimson blood. I swallow hard, trying to rid myself the lump in my throat. Jungkook face floods with tears. My body goes stiff as I read the message written in blood on the shower wall.

I love you and I cannot live without you NamJoon.

Jungkook lets out another scream breaking my state front the painting on the shower wall. I look down and tears spill from my eyes as I witness Jungkook plunging his knife back into his side, making the bullet wound wider than it originally was. My stomach turns and I felt like throwing up.

"Jungkook stop please," I cry running over, kneeling beside he bathtub. I grab his hand that holds the knife and use all my strength to keep the blade from reentering his side. "Jungkook drop the knife and talk to me," I say my voice straining from the effort it's taking to hold Jungkook back. Blood soaks in my hands as I try to cover Jungkook's wound with one and grab the knife with the other. Jungkook hisses loudly as I press lightly on his side.

"No," Jungkook grunts, his eyes still blurry with tears. "Just let me end all the suffering! Why do you care if I stab myself anyways? You don't even love me. Just let me get myself out of your life so you can live in peace!!"

"That's not true. I do love you. Please let go of the knife." I say

"You're just saying that." Jungkook says, but his grip softens slightly.

"Look at me," I say and Jungkook's eyes meet mine, "I love you with all of my heart, and I care about you so much. Please let the knife go babe." Jungkook closes his eyes and release his knife. I quickly grab it and set it in the sink. I grab a towel and place it over Jungkook's cut, pressing it to stop the bleeding. After quickly calling an ambulance, I turn back to Jungkook. "I need you to listen to me okay?"

"Why?"

"Just hear me out okay?" I ask and Jungkook nods. "I'll give you four days to prove me that you will try to stop killing."

"But the urge,"

"Fight it!"

"That's easier said than done," Jungkook says blinking slowly. His breath starts to get shallow as he tries his best to keeps his eyes on me.

"Try and if you feel like you can't fight it alone then we'll fight it together."

🌷 VOTE || COMMENT 🌷