Chapter 40

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

Jungkook walks in the apartment, stripping of his dirty clothes before walking into Namjoon's room. Namjoon stands with his back faced Jungkook.

"NamJoon I-"

"I don't wanna hear it," NamJoon interrupts. "I can't do this anymore Jungkook."

"Do what?"

"This," NamJoon says turning to wave his hand between Jungkook and himself. Jungkook stares at Namjoon, not entirely sure how to take the comment.

"I'm going home."

"But..... you are home," Jungkook says swallowing the lump that has risen in his throat.

"I'm moving back with my parents in Australia," NamJoon says.

Jungkook blinks his heart dropping to the pit of his stomach, his world slowly crumbling around him. Australia is 7 hours from where they live now and Jungkook can't stand the thought of living without NamJoon. "I can't date someone like you. And I'm sorry Jungkook I can't... I can't love someone like you.."

"You don't mean that," Jungkook says his eyes brimming with tears.

"I just can't,"

"You love me!!! You fucking love me!! And I love you. I need you NamJoon you can't leave me," Jungkook says tears streaming down his cheeks."You promised," Jungkook falls to the ground, bringing his knees to his chest. "You promised you would never leave me." Jungkook buries his head in his knees, sobbing loudly for the first time in years. "You promised you would love me and never leave me, You promised that Namjoon!! You promised, you promised, you promised." Jungkook sobs continuously.

NamJoon is his world, his life essence, the only thing keeping him sane. NamJoon took the unlovable and loved him. NamJoon took the vacant soul and taught it to feel whole. Without Namjoon Jungkook has no one to confide in. His family is head and his only friend doesn't know him the way Namjoon does. Without Namjoon, Jungkook is left alone to suffer. "You promised."

"And you promised you'd try to stop killing," Namjoon says softly, unable to find the confidence to yell. "But you went out and killed another innocent person."

"I tried NamJoon," Jungkook sobs. "But killing it's- it's an addiction. I can't control the urge! You were gonna help remember? But you were gone!! You were teaching while I was left alone with my thoughts, my dangerous thoughts. I tried. I swear I tried. I tried to convince myself to just kill criminals but the urge pushed me to that lady. I tried to stop myself but I couldn't. I wasn't in control. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." Jungkook wipes furiously at his eyes that don't appear to be stopped the flow of tears anytime soon. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Jungkook repeats going back and forth like someone who has been possessed. He would rather than be possessed but lose his only will to live. Words flow through Jungkook's mind, telling him how much a failure he is, telling him to give up, telling him good things don't last with people like him. Finally he looks up and stares into Namjoon's eyes. "If you leave I'm turning myself in," Jungkook says. "Not that you will care. You won't be around to notice I am gone."

"Jungkook-"

"Better yet I will just kill myself so you don't have the pain of my existence in your memory," Jungkook says, pulling his knife from his pocket. The voices in head wants him to, encouraging him to cut his own throat here in front of Namjoon. "I won't have to rot in prison, wasting time, thinking about you and how y-you dont love me anymore." Jungkook chokes, another gush of tears falling from his eyes. He stares at the reflection in the titanium knife, hating the face looking back at him.

"Don't be like this Jungkook," NamJoon says. "Don't say that, dont do that." Jungkook runs his finger over the edge of the knife, drawing crimson blood to the surface of his skin. He watches the blood drip down his index finger, onto his palm, then onto his wrist, and arm. He places the blade of the knife on his palm. "Jungkook stop that!" NamJoon grabs the sweet relief of death from his hands. Jungkook lifts his shirt and rips his bandage off his side, before jabbing his thumb into his wound. He yells in pain and squeezes his eyes shut. NamJoon gasps and quickly grabs both Jungkook's wrist, yanking him to his feet. "Stop hurting yourself!"

"I deserve it!" Jungkook screams, fighting against Namjoon's tight grip. "I deserve more than prison. I deserve to suffer, to be skinned alive, to have my fingernails ripped off one by one followed by every one of my teeth yanked out! I deserved every last one of my father's beatings. They may have made me the way I am but each and every punch, slap, kick, punch, and cut I endured is well deserved by now."

They both stayed silent for awhile staring at the floor neither knowing what to say or do. Jungkook finally gets up and hobbles over to his room, slamming the door behind him.

🌷 VOTE || COMMENT 🌷