Chapter 45

˖*°࿐

˖*°࿐

Namjoon POV

I did it," Jungkook says walking into my room. "I made it the entire week without running off to hurt or kill anyone."

"I know," I smile. "I'm so proud of you."

"Does that mean you're staying?" Jungkook asks his eyes lighting up with hope.

"Of course I'm staying." I open my arms and Jungkook throws himself into me. "But remember just because you made it one week that doesn't mean you're free to do anything you want now. You have to continue to fight."

"I will," Jungkook whispers. "For you."

"And no more talking about you turning yourself in or hurting yourself," I add and Jungkook sighs. "I mean it Jungkook."

"I know I know," he says. "I won't."

"Good. How about we go out to dinner?" Jungkook purses his lip as he thinks.

It's been a while since me and Jungkook went on a date. In fact me and Jungkook have only been once on a date which it didn't go that well...

"Sure, where?" Jungkook asks sitting on the end of my bed. "I'm not really in the mood for sushi or Pizza."

"Let's go to a place neither of us have been," I suggest picking up a random shirt off my floor. Jungkook nods in Agreement so I finished getting dressed.

"Ready to go?" I ask and Jungkook groans. "We don't have to get out if you don't want Jungkook."

"No I want to, but I also want to sit here and cuddle," he whines. I kiss his pouty lip and stand from my bed. Jungkook follows me out the door and onto the street, grabbing my hand as we walk. There is slight breeze in the air making it easy to bare the heat of this summer afternoon. There are lots of people on the street, walking home after a long day at work. Jungkook and I enter the restaurant and waited for someone to seat us. The host leads us to a small table for two near a window in the back of the restaurant.

"Hello," a waiter comes over. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"I'll have a water," Jungkook says.

"Make that two waters." I say and the waiter nods walking away.

"Have you found another job?" Jungkook asks and I shake my head with a sigh. "Well you could always come and work with me at the hardware store since Jin is no longer working there anymore," he says fiddling with his napkin. I frown looking at Jungkook, who seems indifferent to the subject, he just doesn't know why I find it a big deal. He doesn't understand the weight of the subject at hand.

"I don't want to take over Jin's Job," I say and Jungkook furrows his eyebrows.

"Why? He's not gonna comeback anyways." Jungkook says and the corner of his lips turning up into a smirk. That's another thing he doesn't understand. I swallow and turn away from him, a pang of sorrow in my stomach thinking about Jin's death. "Sorry, too soon?"

"Yeah Jungkook. Too soon."

"Here are you waters, Are you two ready to order?" The waiter asks when he returns. Jungkook orders first and then I give my order, smiling politely as he walks away.

"Where do you want to work then?" Jungkook asks.

"Why are you so interested in where I'm working? I'll find a job when I'm good and ready," I Snap and Jungkook blinks before turning his attention to the table in front of him.

"Sorry. I just.... never mind," Jungkook keeps his eyes down and I sigh.

"I didn't mean to say it that way." I reach out and place my hand on top of Jungkook's. "What were you going to say?" Jungkook looks up to me, unsure of whether or not he should say anything else. "I promise I won't do that again."

"You've risked everything for me and I've been nothing but a burden on you. I was going to say I just wanted to help you In one way , even if it's helping you find a job." Jungkook says, glancing around the place.

"You're not a burden Jungkook." I tell him, squeezing his hand. "And I appreciate your willingness to help." Jungkook nods and holds back my hand. The waiter returns with our food, clearing his throat awkwardly. I pulled my hand back, letting him set my plate in front of me.

🌷 VOTE || COMMENT 🌷