1 - Starry, Starry Night

Hello! At the time of this flashback, Kate and Leo are in the middle of filming Titanic and have started to feel things for each other.

Kate's Journal - 1997-1998

Hello, journal. Yesterday night was one of the best nights of my life- I didn't want it to end! Let me tell you a little bit about it. Hell, let me narrate the whole thing!

I was in my trailer, getting ready for bed. We'd finished shooting about half an hour before and it was really late at night. Gosh, I was so tired.

Anyway, halfway through brushing my teeth, I heard something in the window. I didn't pay much attention to it at first because my mind tends to wander when I brush my teeth. I was thinking about Leo. Fatty, funny Leo.

The noises on my window kept bothering me, so I figured I would just go check what it was.

"Oh my god!" I scoffed and ran to the window, where Leo was throwing pebbles at it. "What in the world?" I asked as I opened the window.

"Hey, Kate. I was wondering if you'd like to take a walk with me?"

Wasn't he dreamy? No, stop it, Kate, you are not going to fall in love with this boy, you've four months working together! Leo is your friend and you are a professional who doesn't go after every co-star she has.

But he's just... I can't describe it.

"Umm... it's the middle of the night, Leo, it's really late. Plus, I'm in my PJ's already."

Oh, god no! I'm in my PJ's! My extremely embarrassing, extremely ugly PJ's! Goddammit, Kate, you're so awkward.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! Just throw some sweats on, it's cold out here," Leo said, climbing up my window to face me, kinda like in Romeo and Juliet.

I could see his sky blue eyes looking straight into mine. I started to blush lightly. I can't go out at this time, I'll be exhausted tomorrow! James will scream his guts out if tomorrow doesn't work out.

"Ye-yeah, just let me get changed..."

Bloody hell, Kate, what are you doing to yourself, accepting his late-night runaway with just a -wait a minute, a late-night runaway?! OH. MY. GOD!, I thought as I changed into some soft blue shorts and a cosy yellow oversized t-shirt.

I'm about to go to a late-night runaway with Leo! I don't give a shit about what James says tomorrow.

I slipped on my worn-out white trainers and ran to my trailer door.

"Ready to go, ma'am?" Leo asked, looking rather funny.

"Of course, monsieur!" I said, taking his hand with a giggle.

"So... where are we going?" I said to break the ice.

"Can't say, you have to wait until we get there," he answered, giving me a half-smile.

I love that smile.

"Oh, come on! Tell me! It was bad enough accepting to come with you at this hour." I teased him. No answer, just that half-smile. I couldn't help but stare.

"We're here," he said before I could ask anything else.

I'd been staring at his face the whole way, I didn't even notice where we were.

"It's beautiful, Leo!" I said, looking around.

We were in the middle of the forest. He had set up a blanket in the ground and there was a basket on one side. There were some candles that lit the scene up.

"Like you," Leo mumbled.

I turned bright red, and he probably noticed. We chatted and ate chocolate-covered strawberries for hours. My favourite treat, he remembered.

It was getting colder and I started shivering lightly.

"Come here," he said, opening his arms for me to get in.

"It's fine... I'm good, really," I said, but my voice gave me away as it broke because of the cold.

"Kate, I'm really cold. Can't you cuddle with me and warm me up?" He gave me puppy eyes, knowing damn well I couldn't resist them.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and cuddled into his arms. He was warm against me, and I relaxed into his embrace. It was perfect.

That was the first time we cuddled. I felt safe, complete, at home. His strong arms tightened around me and I smiled. He did, too.

We stared at the stars until he said, "you're the best friend I have, Kate. I love you."

I looked up at him and he met my eyes. "I love you, too," I whispered under my breath.

Leo tightened his grip on me a bit more. The words he said lit a fire inside me. I'd never felt that way before. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier before we both fell asleep in the forest, staring at the stars.

Hey, guys! First chapter! Let me know what you think about it. Any requests or suggestions? I'll take them gladly. Please stay tuned for many more chapters of this wonderful story.

Edit (Oct 2020) - Lmfao I can't believe people actually read this, I had to stop so many times whilst editing just to breathe deeply cause it was so bad.