33 - Aspirin

Hello! This chapter is about that party in London where Kate and Leo see each other for the first time in years hardly remember because they were drunk. I don't think I need to explain much further, enjoy!

(Note: In the last chapter corresponding to this one, I changed the movie Kate was celebrating the wrap up from Triple 9 to Labor Day because the dates didn't match. Hope you don't mind.)

Kate's POV

"Nice to see you... very nice to see... you."

Now I knew who he was, and I wasn't a bit surprised he was here. I already knew this is how he spends all of his time, I thought to myself. After a couple of seconds of debating whether I should turn around or stay put, I decided to turn around.

Drunk, annoyed, and out of my mind, past memories washed over me like honey over a beehive. The lines on his face, the color of his eyes, the way his hair flopped onto his face. It was all there, only... older.

His face showed no emotion, and it was pissing me off. How could he not be feeling anything? Then, I supposed, he was drunk, and so was I, and neither of us should be standing here in the first place.

Still, I didn't think of the consequences when I kissed him in an attempt to get something out of him. Yes, Ned was back at home with the kids. Yes, I knew it was wrong. Yes, I was still in love with him. But none of those reasons stopped me from pushing my tongue in his mouth, from moving his hands from my back to my ass, from wrapping my arms around his neck. And from going closer, closer, closer.

I parted our lips and leaned in to whisper in his ear.

"Come on Leo, don't you wanna call me Kit Kat somewhere else?" He shivered, getting the hint immediately grabbing my wrists, pulling me through the crowd of sweaty people towards the exit.

One of his friends asked him why he was leaving, not even noticing me, but Leo ignored him as if nobody had even directed a word to him. A couple of minutes later, he had rented a hotel suite, and we were fumbling into the elevator.

He was tugging on the zipper of my dress a little too hard, ripping it open. I stopped kissing him to take his shirt off. We left it there as we stumbled out, him pinning me against the wall.

I wrapped my legs around him and he picked me up, heels forgotten in the hallway, carrying me until we reached the bedroom, then set me down on the cool hotel sheets that would soon be as hot as my skin.

He hovered over me, kissing me as he pulled my dress down my shoulders the rest of the way.

Leo placed hot kissed down my neck, between my breasts, down my stomach, up to the line of my underwear. He placed his hands behind my back, pulling me up to a sitting position and removing my bra. He then took his pants and boxers off. His hair was ruffled and messy, and he looked hotter than ever.

Hours of teasing, fucking, groaning, moaning, and loving went by before the sun came up woke me up.

As you would when you were absolutely wasted the night before, I had no idea what the hell had happened, but it's safe to say my heart skipped a beat when I saw naked Leo sleeping beside me.

I panicked and rushed to the bathroom. I washed my face and got dressed, struggling to walk because of last night's... whatever it was.

After half an hour of walking around, waiting for Leo to wake up and trying to explain everything just seemed like too much, so I left him an Aspirin, a coffee, and a glass of water on the bedside table, along with a note that read,

"Leo, please have the Aspirin and drink your coffee. Love, Kate." And with that, I was off, left to make the trip all the way back to England regretting the fact that I left him there.

Present Time

Kate's POV

I noticed hot tears running down my cheeks when Bear started to cry. He never cried.

If he was hungry, he said "food," if he was thirsty, he said "water," if he was tired, he'd say "bed," and if he wanted his teddy bear, he'd say "Leo." Yes, he named his teddy bear Leo, because Leo bought it for Bear when he was born.

Bear only cried when he saw somebody else crying, and when he saw my tears, he started to cry, too.

I quickly wiped the tears away and bounced him up and down on my hip, cooing gently so he'd stop crying. After a minute or two, he calmed down, and I knew exactly what was going to happen the following week.

Leo will find out about being Bear's father, I will tell him I'm in love with him because there's no use hiding these feelings anymore. I know I'll be handing him my heart in a silver platter, but he knows that, too.

That's it. Bear will be with his real dad, and I'm sorry about Ned, but the truth is I never really loved him.

Ned was more of a security concept because I was feeling so insecure since Leo left. I'm willing to fight, to love, to laugh, to hate, to scream for the love of my life, and nothing on Earth is gonna stop me.

The only thing I can do now is pray to god Leo still feels something for me, even if it is deep within and I have to dig deeper than I ever have before. After all, I've already dug this far, what damage could a little deeper do?

I walk out of Bear's room, still immersed in my thoughts, and a smile is spread wide in my face, along with worry in my eyes, but overall happiness.

Mia comes out of her room and asks me what's going on with me.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just giddy today." She looks at me like I'm some sort of alien and walks off, shrugging.

I love her, I swear I do, but sometimes, she's just such a... such a teenage girl.

Done! Sorry, I didn't detail the smutty part, I was just not feeling it. Anyways, we have great news! I'm currently working on a collaboration story with@ntlpurpolia and @TheDawsonGirl and guess what? It's a Kleo fanfic! Lol. Now if you want to check it out, go to Kleo_DiCapWinsletor and click on Bound To You. Love you all!

Edit (Oct 2020) - Oh, the pain. It would be nice to finish that story someday.