4. Should I Ask Him?

Autumn' s P.O.V

         I woke up in the morning in a shock. I looked outside, noticing the amount of light shining in the window. I was in such a rush, I forgot to set my alarm. "Great!" I grabbed my phone, noticing it was 9:40. A text from Kevin.

"Where are you?"

I smiled, and texted back.

"Got distracted. Woke up late."

"Great." I got up slowly, mumbling. My brother had left without me. Accurate to his immaturity. I grumbled aimlessly. "Hey mom?" I knocked on the door softly. "Autumn?! Why aren't you at school?" She said exhausted. "Overslept..?" I smiled. "Can you give me a ride?" "Yeah.." she grumbled. "10 minutes." I looked at her, and then at my feet. "Great."   

The day went by fast, lucky me, it was Friday. Everyone was overly excited for the school dance coming up, even though it was two months away. Valentines posters covered the walls, and couples began to pop up around the school. I carried my books and quietly shuffled down the hall, thinking about Kevin. My mind rolled into my trough of memories I don't dare to forget.

"I know this isn't right. But there is something about you. You aren't like other girls. And I actually like you... A lot It's kind of hard to admit, but I want to be with you."

I held my books and thought to myself, avoiding my brother's car, about the situation, again, for the thousandth damn time. I climbed on the bus, and a chipper blonde named Kate sat by me. "Come bowling tonight, A!" She handed me a ten dollar discount. "You can even bring a special someone." She nudged my arm and giggled with a feminine wink. I awkwardly smiled at her. "...I dunno Kat." I started to feel my heart pound, thinking about the softness of his lips. I looked out the window in hopes she would move, but instead, she leaned in closer. "You're blushing. Who is the boy?" She kept prodding at my arm until I broke bearing and giggled a little. "...Kevin Hammond... The one that was in your PSF last year." I whispered.

Her face went blank, and then shocked. "You like him? Good luck there." She joked, sarcastically. "Kat, I kissed him." She gasped. "HE was your first kiss?" "Shhh, quiet down!" I hushed her. It took a minute but I replied. "It was a spur of the moment, I literally cried after it happened Kat, I told you I would." I sighed. She made a simple disapproving tsk and opened her mouth to speak loudly, once again. "Oh babe... Well... Still. Bring someone. Sorry about that! I'm sure he was a total dick about it, but I promise you you'll find someone more appreciative." She put her hand on my shoulder, and I instantly felt the need to deny her. "No Kat he was actually really sweet about it... I'll ask him about it, okay?"
"Oh! Wow, um, good luck sister." The bus came to a stop and she did another girly wink before jumping out of the bus. "Bowling.. hmm." I looked at the card. Is bowling a good date? I SUCK at bowling. I flipped the card and skimmed the information.

Couples bowling night- (A little cupid shot an arrow at the B in Bowling) 10$ off for each person in a group of two*

I looked up and smiled. "I'll ask him." 

I walked home, grabbed a granola bar from the counter and ran up to my room. I pulled out my phone. Should I? No. Yes. Might as well try?

"Hey Kevin... Bowling tonight? :)"

I stared at the text. Three minutes went by- I counted. Suddenly, ping!

"I'm busy tonight..."

I stared at the text for a minute. Why did I ask? I'm such a screwup. Of course he would say no to me what the hell. I laughed at myself in light of hearing another message alert. ping! Another text.

"But I'd choose you over anything. ;)"

My face lit up and my cheeks flushed. "Woah."

"OMG YAY. Ahem, I mean. Yeah, cool."

"You're too cute. Seeya2night! :)"