7. The Date

Autumn's P.O.V

    I climbed back in the passengers seat and looked at him. He blushed, and bit his lip. He looked back at the road to try and keep me from seeing his embarrassment. "We'll be on time." He said, sweetly.

"Thank you Kevin." I said, staring at his curly hair. I just then noticed how nice he looked, the smell of cologne filled the air. He wore a flannel, and wore it well. It defined his muscles, as well as made him look tan and fit. His jeans were casual, and tight, but not too tight. I stared at his biceps. They were large, but when I looked at them, I didn't think about how easily he could overpower me... I noticed how nice it would be to cuddle with him and use it as a pillow.

I realized that he was the first guy that I thought of like that. Muscles intimidated me. It reminded me of Joey, that stupid jerk hovering over me with his psychotic smile. I shuddered. Kevin noticed my change in demeanor and looked over at me. "You okay?" He said, eyes back on the road. "Yeah." He glanced again, this time, his smile gone. "I know when you're lying."
I gazed out the window. "I'm just thinking. I say we go have a fun night." I smiled, making him smile. His smile made me weak. I didn't take my eyes off of him. 

"Good." He smiled, yet again. We pulled up in the parking lot. He opened my car door and grabbed my hand. I handed him the coupon, blushing, butterflies filled my stomach and love filled my mind. "Couples night, huh? I like it."

I blushed more, but pushed myself into him. "Don't like it too much." I said, devilishly, looking him right in the eyes. He swung me around flirtatiously and lead me to the door. We walked inside, handing the guy at the counter the ticket. I jumbled through my purse and pulled out a twenty, which I then put on the counter. I then saw a hand next to me, a twenty in it. ...Kevin already put a twenty on the counter. The man looked at the two of us, his portly mustache shifting on his face, and grabbed Kevin's money, handing us two tickets. I looked at Kevin, frustrated, but flattered. We walked in and grabbed our shoes.

"You didn't have to do that." I said, shoving the twenty back in my purse.
"I'm not going to make you pay!" He smiled. I laughed, putting my shoes down, and began to put them on. I sat down on the bench and leaned down to  put my foot into the shoe. I looked up while we tied the laces, him sitting across from me. "An extra twenty for me then." I winked at him, and finished tying my left shoe. I focused on the loop when his warm voice carried through my ears.
"Goddamn, you are so beautiful." He said, staring at me. I lifted my head to meet his gaze, looking into his lust-filled eyes. For a moment, things seemed unreal. I have never in my life seen such an intentional gaze. The passion was shown in his face, and I found myself amazed as he found himself star struck. I studied his face, when suddenly he broke the stare and looked down at his feet, blushing. His brown hair twisted and twirled. I just wanted to run my fingers through it.

I smiled and finished tying my shoes. He did too. "Hey! OMG!" Kat and her gang surrounded us, breaking the awkward silence. "And who is this?" She looked at me and winked. "This is Kevin." I smiled at her, knowing she knew my little secret. Her friends stood around us and gasped. "Are you two together?" We both looked at each other. Kevin spoke. "Something like that." He blushed. "Awhhhhh you're blushing!" One girl said. He smiled and looked away, hiding his embarrassment.

"Lets bowl!" Kat smiled. We walked down to the last lane. Kat opened a cooler and pulled out some drinks. We all laughed as we put in our names. I went first, walking up to the aisle. I pulled out the bowling ball. And then it hit me- I'd never really bowled before.