37.

I began to spend my days waiting for night when I would fall asleep just to wake up in strange places, to see Joey. It was like a euphoric feeling seeing him, to smell his scent and the warm comfort of his voice.

I heard nothing from Kevin.

Not one word.

But I didn't care. I would spend my days in my room writing, with the occasional visit from Thomas.

The only thing is, nights started to get weird.

And memories started to blend together.

It even started to seem like my brother was Kevin sometimes. And the emotion was so strong in the room it almost felt like my own brother was in love with me. 

I pulled the covers over my poorly clothed body and snuggled into my pillow, satisfied in a deep sleep. I woke up in a dark tunnel, running. I opened my eyes to see my feet splashing over water as my night vision kicked in and I followed Joey ahead of me.

"We are almost here."

The light at the end of the tunnel seemed so mysterious as I ran only steps behind Joey.

"Here."

We came out of an opening to an old warehouse, with papers clipped and taped all over the walls.

"I have been working to find how Jason has done the things he has done and mostly, the reason why."

Everything felt like a movie as he turned on the lights and they came on with a click each light, illuminating the building.

"Wow.... You did this all yourself?" I skimmed the walls as I looked for ideas and clues.

"Yeah. But sit down with me, I have pressing matters to inform you of."

We sat down on a couch and he began to speak.

"I need you to kill anyone who tries to ask what you have been doing. Don't tell anyone about your late night trips or they will think you are crazy. And if they keep asking, I need you to terminate them. Nobody can know our secret because millions of lives are at stake."

He put his hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

...

...

....

.....

....

I woke up on the couch, my phone buzzing. The sunlight shone in my living room, blinding me.

"Hello?" I said moaning as I stretched out my body.

"Oh um, Autumn?" He said shocked, subtly.

"People call me Leanne. Must be wrong number." I chuckled and hovered my finger above the end call button.

"Wait please. It's Kevin. Remember me? It's been a long time, I know we haven't talked since we broke up but..."

I put the phone up to my ear.

"No, you got shot like a month ago and we lost contact...." I questioned.

"This is why I am calling, Autumn. Remember our fight, a long time ago? I cheated? We never got back together. And your mom has been telling me you have been talking to imaginary friends... With my name."

I heard the crackling through the phone. As if he was moving something.

"Haha, you must be some prank caller. You are messed up. Bye."

"WAIT."

I put the phone back up to my ear.

"Autumn. Can I please come over? Like now?"

I felt a slight drop in my stomach to remember when we were together, and how it all just ended so fast, so natural seeming. "My name is Le."

"Okay Le. I'll be over in five."

I laid in bed as I heard the front door close and Kevin walk in. He had grown facial hair, and seemed a lot more put together than when we last met. I climbed out of my blankets to greet him, But when I saw the look on his face.

I was in a skimpy bra and underwear.

But that's not what he noticed.

"Au- Le, where did the bruise come from?"

"Jo-" I almost told him But remebered what Joey told me.

"Oh I fell and hit my hip on the table yesterday."

Kevin looked extremely worried.

"Sit down I want to talk."