39

We were parked in front of my house.

My stomach churned and my temples burned. I sniffled and my limbs began to shake as I looked down at my hands.

And then I heard Kevin sniffle.

My stomach stung even more, as if it was a tempting feeling of barfing. And then I did it. I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed onto Kevin and snuggled into his chest.

"How do you and I break up? We are so dynamic..."

A shaky sigh slithered out of his lips.

"I fucked up... The last time we spoke, we were at the hill. You threw the ring in the lake and l.... I told you I loved you... And I still do. We hadn't even became official yet. We had so much to look forward to and I fuckin' blew it. I texted you but... you never really replied. So I stopped. Seeing you at school sucked because it was as if you didn't see me.... or didn't want to."

He sniffled. "Your mom called me saying you have been talking to people that aren't there. And disappearing from your room every single night. Showing up at home with bruises and smeared makeup. And Le.... Why is your name Le now? I just want autumn back. To fucking hold. And help. To put on your shoes like you're my princes and wipe your runny makeup off. Swim down by the hill, talk all night. Anything. ...That's what I've seen. So what have you seen these past few months?"

"I came to your house- I'll start at the beginning. Around the time you cheated on me, I ran to Jason. He showed up at my house around the same day. I told you And you got pissed. But Joey started to stalk me. Thomas made me notice it. But... I went to your house and you were shot. And... Me and Thomas patched you up. The reason you got shot is because I started getting texts from a blocked number telling me to do stuff or else. And you got shot.... And then we started talking until the cops got involved and you just... Vanished. And then I started waking up in the middle if the night in strange places. And I met Joey."

My voice was down to a whisper. "He told me We were part of a special... Group that would save the world. And I believe him. He told me what really happened that night. That Joey tried to save me from Jason... And yeah."

"Wow... Well how come life happened so differently out of my eyes? I never got shot... Thomas left at the beginning of the summer to visit Hawaii and travel... And I don't know. I think that your brain is playing tricks on you. ....Autumn I think you have schizophrenia. Do some research on it... And really think. Get into it. Try and remember what has happened this summer." He kissed the top of my head that was cuddled into his chest, and I got up and thought.

'What is schizophrenia?'

I opened the car door and walked to my house.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" His voice was thick with aggression and anger and I cowered back toward the door.

"It's only Kevin!" I sighed. All of my feelings for him came back as I sucked in breaths.

"You're a fucking piece of shit!" He started walking towards me and I screamed.

Kevin burst in the door and ran over to me. My eyes locked back on Joey as Kevin put his cold hands on my face and I refused to take my eyes off Joey.

"And now you want this stupid asshole to ruin our friendship? You are WEAK!"

Kevin turned his head in the direction I was looking.

"Autumn what are you looking at?"

I studdered. "C-c-can you not see him?"

"No I can't Autumn." He said, genuinely apologetic.

"He wants to kill you! Get out of here!!" The words wailed out of my lips and I felt so confused and lost, afraid of everyone.

"He's not real. Close your eyes. I've got you."

Kevin wrapped his arms around me, and I closed my eyes and felt his warm embrace.

I opened them and the room was empty, The sun shining in the windows, the only people that were in my house were Kevin and I.

"Kevin can you stay?"

"Yes."