29.Jason Has a Secret

I checked on him every other minute. I sat on the other side of my bed and read my book. He slept uneasy, but seemingly peacefully. "A?" He said softly. I put my book down. "Yeah?" "Please lay with me." "Okay." I cuddled into his warm shirtless body. He scooted closer to me wincing. His biceps wrapped around my waist.

I waited until he fell asleep to get back up to keep watch. And then ping!

"Due to the circumstanses, you know to much. Keep searching if you really do have a deathwish. As for Jason, he's ours now. And Kevin better shut his mouth or I'll have to shoot him in the heart next time." Unknown

I sighed and chose to slide back under the covers with Kevin where I felt safe. And then the tears rolled out. I still hadnt learned to control my emotions like Jason said I would. Every inhale and exhale I touched Kevin's body. I just prayed I wouldnt wake him up. I wasnt ready to let him back in. Kevin was the one who was the one who was close to me, and out to get me. And yet he's laying in the same bed, asleep and clueless. I started to cry louder, defeated, and unable to hide my pain. I felt Kevins arms come around my waist and pull me in. "Don't cry, please" He said, so sleepy he was almost mumbling. "I dont like it when you cry." He continued. I sniffled and only cried more. "You hurt me Kevin. You want to protect me but you are the one that makes it worse." I squeaked. 

He started crying too. My heart sunk. 

His voice was at a low whisper, to where barely I could even hear. "They are out to get you. ...Jason is. He came to my house and gave me this." He pulled a ring off of his finger. His ring. My ring. He slipped back on my finger. "He said he switched it out with his ring when you were on top of him, making out." His voice sounded just as squeaky as mine did. My stomach dropped and I started to cry harder. "I didnt believe him of course." He breathed in heavily. "Until he said that your eyes changed to a hazel-red." He gasped, and squeaked again, crying. 

"He told me to watch your every move for the next two months or you'll get hurt. And I couldn't see you hurt." His voice became an even more hushed whisper as he moved closer to my ear. "He shot me."

I gasped as he hugged me tighter, crying into my back."I tried." He whispered.

I tried to stay strong but broke. I think I passed out because I woke up, still in his arms but the sun was shining through my blinds. "Goodmorning, sleepy." He said, in his sexy, gruff sleepy voice. "What you said last night really got to me." I whispered back. It was the simple truth. His muscles tensed. "What did I say?" He spoke, questioning his own actions. "You told me about Jason." He let go of my waist and rolled onto his back. "I hope he didnt hear. He's everywhere." He spoke a bit louder. "Yeah, thats what santa does. Check to see who's naughty or nice. He's everywhere, so behave." He looked at me and winked. I stifled a giggle.

"Did you change me?" He blushed. "Uhh, yeah..." I rubbed my neck and got up. I grabbed some clothes and changed in the bathroom. When I got back, the look on Kevin's face was mortifying.