24. You're My Firework

We finished eating, and silently walked back to the car. Jason almost squeezed my hand of leading me to the car. He cautiously glanced around, his breath shaky. Is this really that serious?

We drove back to my house.

"What do you want to do tonight?" I said, cautiously. "Be with you. I dont care what we do, as long as I can be with you one more night." He drove, looking straight ahead, but I could hear the sadness in his voice." Lets go fucking crazy then." I said, leaning over whispering in his ear. I pushed down on his leg, making the car accelerate.

"Wait." He said, pulling his leg off of the petal.

The car stopped, and he looked at me surprised. "My little firework." He smirked, putting his foot back on the petal.

We drove out of the city onto a long off road. Leaves hung over us, and the creepy feeling pushed me to be even more crazy. I took my seatbelt off and climbed on his lap. "What are you doing?!" He said, swerving on the road. "Having fun." I took the wheel and drove. I leaned against him, his heart beating out of his chest.

I did a 360° and spun the car all the way around. I pushed faster on the petal.

"Let's get back to my house" I smiled, as he put his arms around my waist. I drove us all the way home. I was really surprised that Jason didn't stop me.

We walked into my house, and I slammed the door. I pushed him on the couch, towering over him. You know what? It felt good to be bad. I looked into his eyes, my face heating up.

"I will kill whoever is doing this to you." I glanced at the door and back to him. "You keep talking to me like this is your last day. I don't want to ask questions because I want you to remember this. But I really need to know what's going on."

He looked at me in awe. His face snapped back into reality, firm and angry. "I can't tell you because I don't want you hurt. I can't have them kill you too." His voice quivered and his words hit me hard, causing me to stop breathing.

I flung myself at him. You know what? Now I did eat his face. I'm ready. "Listen.." I spoke between heated kisses. "You make me feel like I'm.... Just.. Give it to me..." I laughed, still attached to him. That night was the best. I got closer to him we had ever been. We were both exausted, looking around at the mess we made. I looked at the time- 2:30. "Babe." He said softly. "I'm glad we did this." He put his hand on my cheek, making me melt.

"Me too." I said running my hand down his stomach. "I like the cuddling too." I giggled.

"I have to leave soon..." He said, his voice serious. "If I stay they'll find you too." He climbed out of bed and we approached the door. "I can't ever thank you for making this night the best. I hope what I did was right. I need you to just... Stay strong while I'm gone. And...." He grabbed my waist pulling me in tight, and kissed me the hardest and most passionate he could.

I melted.

"I love you Jason."

He looked at me as he walked to his car. "I love you too." He pulled a pistol out of his car and loaded it. This is really serious. Does this mean he might really die? Tears filled my eyes but I knew I needed to stay strong for Jason. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!" He sped off in the car, as fast as that little car would go.

It was heartbreaking, but it made me smile. "No, Jason, you're my firework." I whispered, walking back inside.