23. One More Night

"What time is it?" I said, feeling slightly empty without my phone. "8:14." He smiled charmingly.

"Where do you want to go anyway?" I said, following him to his car. "You'll see!" He seemed overly excited as we climbed in his car and drove off.

We pulled up to a fancy restaurant, and suddenly my stomach dropped. I haven't eaten at a resuraunt since like, before dinosaurs existed. We climbed out, and went up to the counter.

An old man with a curly moutache looked up at us, and back at his clipboard. "Your name?" His accent was prim and as british as british gets.

"Uhm. Sterling." He muttered nervously.

His moustache twisted with his words. "Table three."

We were led to a table under a fancy light, with vines caressing the walls. A classical group was playing, the music humming through the floorboards. 

"So umm..." I looked up to see Jason's cheeks flushed with a new shade of pink.

I ordered whatever he was having.

We sat in awkward silence. Why was there so much silence? Normally Jason would be going on and on about the Mk-ultra and chakras. Maybe even something about life, or his dog that he loves so much.

"...Jason? ...What's wrong?" I stuttered, my mind lost in thought.

He pulled me in close to the table. "I'm scared, Autumn. We made a pact that I'd tell you everything. So... I'm running away. I needed to see you one last time and spend one more night with you before I go. I needed to see your beautiful face and your cute little button nose. I needed to know how you are and who you are. I needed it. And I don't ever wanna leave. Babe I have one more night with you and I want to make it the best."

It hit me like a wave crashing on the shore. Running away? WHAT? Its my last night with him. I really don't want it to be just hours of questions.

"Okay." I whispered, trying to remain calm. I still hadn't processed all of his words. I was dazed and confused but I was struggling not to knock over the table and force him on the ground and basically eat his face. He looked so wide eyed and scared. Who made him feel this way? I need to kill them.

"I promise that I'll make this night the best ever. Every single day after this you'll remember this night and it will be pounding in your head." I said, devilishly.

I lady came by with two plates of steak. I thought about it- how did he pay for all of this? She placed them on the table, but me and Jason's eyes intertwined, keeping our gaze on each other.

"Your eyes change color with every emotion." He stared at me, passion filling his eyes.

He finally broke our little staring contest and began eating. I finally ate- because I knew that is what Jason would want and I knew that he probably paid a lot for the meal. It was so good, and with every bite my stomach danced. Food.