30. A New Bond

"K-K-Kevin?" I rushed to the bed on his side, scrutinizing how intently he was staring straight ahead, his eyes wide, fixated on the wall. "Kevin." I laid my hand on his arm, and he stood stiff. His hand released and my phone fell to the ground, sliding off of the bed. A tear fell from his cheek. I picked it up and read the text.

"Kevin, your mother has been... Taken care of." Unknown

"AAAAHGGGGH." He sat up and punched my bed, wincing from his bullet wound. "GAAAAH!" He screamed louder, and ripped my pillowcase in half. He fell back into my bed crying. I climbed onto the bed and laid facing him. He whined and laid his head in my hands. I hugged his head, refusing to cry.

But then all of the guilt rushed back to me.

This was all my fault. If I didn't flirt with Kevin in the first place, then none of this would've happened. But I hurt him really bad and he still worried about me. I paraded around at the dance, the place I wanted to be with him, and he saved me again. And he took a bullet for me. From the man I had a thing with.

I lifted his head up until our eyes met. We stood for a minute, staring. All I saw in his eyes were fear and pain, but as he looked into mine, they seemed a little more firey, burning with passion like they always have.

I shot in, kissing him passionately, pulling our bodies as close as they would allow. He moaned through my lips and I couldn't help but do the same.

I didn't want to pull away. I wanted to lay there and kiss him forever. And in that minute, the world was ours, and that passion for him in my heart grew bigger than any other flame in the world.

"I'm. So. Sorry." I said between heated kisses. "It's all my fault" I moaned as he kissed my neck. He pulled away and met my eyes. "I just want to be with you and make you happy." His voice was gruff, with a little squeak in between some of his words. He went back into kissing me, to the point I was physically exhausted. I wanted more, but needed to stop.

"We need to talk. About everything." I said, panting. "But what about-" Kevin spoke but I cut him off. "No." I stood up and spoke. "Me and Kevin are in this together Jason. Everything I know, he knows. Everything he knows, I know. We are a team." And then ping!

" Oh how cute Autumn. You're such a slut, swapping between guys like they don't have feelings. Well surprisingly they do. You already destroyed two, now who else is going to be in your love circle? And Jason is long gone. You destroyed him, too."  Unknown.