5.Getting Ready

Autumn's P.O.V

I ran to my closet, overly excited. I shifted through my clothes, amazed by the fact that I had the opportunity to know Kevin in this special light. I felt odd, perhaps giddy at the fact that I was going to be next to him in less than a few hours. My mind jumped to my mirror as I looked myself up and down, my ratty hair cascading down my lunch stained tee shirt.

I stared intently. "How can I fix this?" I thought, rummaging through my closet.

I looked myself in the eyes through the mirror, and suddenly a sound broke my focus.

Kevin: "So... what's going on?"

Me: "Come here around 6:30?"

"Alright, cupcake. ;)"

I threw my phone down and looked at my reflection. Shorts with a tight shirt, I looked like a little hippie with my slightly ratted hair, but I couldn't find a brush so I went with it, I was confident and happy. I walked downstairs to grab a snack before I go.

My mom smiled. "There's little-miss-sleep-in." She joked sarcastically. "Its only because she stays up late sleeping with my friends." Thomas grumbled, angry.

"What?" My mom furrowed her eyebrows. My eyes filled with anger. "I was home at 8. And I'm not sleeping with anyone!" I spat, Glaring at my brother. "Who?" My mom questioned. "Kevin." Thomas barked. "Kevin is a good kid." My mom smiled. Thomas stomped out of the room. "So honey, what are you dressed up for? You have too much makeup on by the way." She smiled. I smiled back. "I'm going bowling with Kevin." I said, softly, trying to avoid my brother throwing a fit.

"UGHH!" Thomas yelled from the other room. "Have fun!" Mom chuckled. "But not too much!" I looked at her intensely, and she laughed at my typical teenage glare and eye roll. Kevin pulled up, and I ran outside and opened the car door timidly. "Hey. You okay?" Kevin said, looking straight ahead.

"Yeah, it's just my brother." I pulled out the coupon for bowling and put it on the dash. "Anyways, it's the one on LaSilato. Over by that taco place?" I assumed he had known what I was talking about, due to the fact that he always went there with Thomas. I gazed over his dash, noticing the divots in the plastic, and though my thoughts, he shook his head and tenderly spoke. "Alright."

The car stopped at a red light. "You look amazing, by the way." He looked at me and smiled, making my heart melt. "You wanna ditch bowling and do something else?" He said, in a tone I couldn't recognize.

"Like what?" I replied, attempting to mock his tone of voice as he accelerated forward. He drove off the main road and onto a side street. He put the car in park and  turned to look at me, his brown eyes making a print in my mind. "This."