6. Promises

Autumn's P.O.V

He opened a box, and inside it had a ring that had the word 'forever' engaged in the side. In that moment it hit me that something special was happening. I looked up into his big brown eyes and his hair twisted so tenderly against his slightly pimpled forehead. He smiles sweetly and spoke with a comforting sincerity. "...I never ever share my feelings, but with you... It's just different. We've known each other for two years now, and getting closer to you everyday makes me feel complete! And! Mn..." He spoke nervously as the box shifted in his hand. " I want to have you there to talk to, and Autumn.... You'll always have me." He handed me the ring, delicately sliding it on my ring finger. Tears formed in my eyes. "W-w-what is it?" I smiled, putting my hand over my mouth. He blushed, running his fingers through his hair. "It's um, like a promise ring. You don't need to make any promises, this is just my promise to you. It's a promise that I will always be here for you. I care about you and I want you to know that."

He rubbed the back of his neck, and looked up at me. "Oh my God." I whispered as I swiftly leaned over to hug him. I managed to roll over his dash smoothly, and I threw myself in his arms. I leaned my forehead against his and whispered softly. "As long as I wear this, I promise too." He leaned in to kiss me, and we stood for a moment, nose touching nose, breathing in the tender smells of each others chemicals, hearts beating as time seemed to cease existence. He opened his eyes and I stared into them for a long moment as my chest began to dance. I was strattling him, our bodies touching for the first time like this, and all I could feel was sincere shock as love coursed through my veins. He closed his eyes and I felt a tingling sensation as I became aware that we were about to kiss each other. I put my finger over his lips."We have places to be." I whispered playfully.