Cookies & A Movie

It's Wednesday, a week after Lauren and I went to paradise. In the meantime, nothing really happened. I still get nervous and flustered around the green-eyed beauty and we have all become closer as a group.

Sometimes, when it's just Lauren and I talking, she'll be all cute and mushy and then the next second she will be distant. I've noticed this more often.

I can't help it. My heart races when Lauren is near or even in the same room as I. Sometimes I'll catch her looking at me, but then she will look away and bang her forehead against the desk's surface.

We haven't been around town yet. I'm still really excited for that but we have been texting a lot about it. She says she wants to make it special.

Dinah and I have gotten a lot closer as well, along with Normani and I. Ally hasn't been sitting with us at lunch a lot. She sits with Troy, who I've learned through Dinah and Lauren that is Ally's crush. He seems nice enough.

Ally is very sweet, though. She sometimes talk with me during english but Lucy takes up most of my time in that class.

"Chancho!" Dinah yells, her weight immediately being added to around my shoulders. She hugs me tightly, taking the air out of my lungs.

"Hi!" I squeak, holding my peeled banana tightly in my hand. "I just saw you five minutes ago."

"I know." Dinah lets go out me, shrugging. She then plops herself down beside me, her tray slamming down with her. "I just missed you while getting lunch."

Normani comes running over, her tray tightly gripped in her hands. She is panting. "Why..." she exhales, trying to catch her breath. She sits on the other side of me, inhaling loudly. "Why... why did you r-run? It's not even gym class!"

"Uh, Camila. Duh." Dinah rolls her eyes dismissively, causing Normani to scoff. I giggle, taking another bite of my banana.

"Yo, Mani." Lauren's raspy voice floods my ears, sending goosebumps along my arms. She stands behind me, her tray of food in her hands. She nudges Normani to the side with her knee.

"Yes, Laur?" Normani asks innocently, turning to the girl and fluttering her eyelashes rapidly.

"Scoot." Lauren says simply, continuing to knee Normani gently in the side. Normani rolls her eyes, standing up and sitting by Dinah.

"No way! Don't act like you can just come back to me when you abandoned me like that!" Dinah sighs dramatically, shutting her eyes and wiping her forehead.

Lauren happily sits down beside me, her tray close to my hand. She flashes me a watery smile, to which I quickly reflect.

"Hi, Camz." She hums, unwrapping her spoon and fork from their napkin.

"That's a new one." Dinah comments, referring to the nickname that came from Lauren's mouth. I agree with Dinah, even I haven't heard that sobriquet before.

"You call her Mila, I call her Camz." Lauren shrugs simply, looking over at me to grin brightly. I smile, feeling my cheeks warm up.

"Stop trying to be better than us!" Normani cries, sticking her tongue out at the green-eyed girl.

"Hi." Ally's voice says softly as she sits beside Lauren.

"Hello, Allyson." Dinah stresses Ally's actual name loudly, making the rest of us at the table widen our eyes.

"Where is your boy-toy?" Normani asks, lifting an eyebrow. Ally's face flushes a dark red color.

"Troy is sick today." Ally explains, twirling her fork between her fingers. "Which is a shame because we were going to sit with y'all today."