Friends & Their Advice

The day went by so slowly; I feared I might die. I'm way too excited for Lauren and I'd date today.

This morning, she sent me a text message. I pull my phone out of my phone to glance at it again.

Today at 4:56 am: Emerald Eyes: 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm work better for you? :)

A joyous smile cracks across my lips shyly. This is real. It's actually happening. I had responded with the later time.

I can barely contain my emotions. I'm violently tapping my foot while sitting in last period with Normani besides me. I think she thinks I'm on something or something.

"Mila..." she places her hand over mine which calms the buzzing in my veins. "How big of a bowl of sugary cereal did you eat this morning?"

"I didn't eat cereal this morning." I lie through a grin, meeting her eyes evenly.

"Mhmm. And you don't like Lauren." Normani whispers the last big, casting me an earnest smirk.

My eyes go wide and I slap her bicep. "What the hell, Mani! Shut up, I don't want anyone important knowing."

Normani scoffs, placing her hand on her heart. "Excuse me, that was rude. I know I'm your favorite, anyway."

"Favorite what? Pain in my ass? Yeah." I bite my bottom lip to hide the teasing smile that threatens to spread across my face.

"Oh my god, Mila. You're being so mean today!" Normani shoves me gently and I giggle while swaying back in my seat.

"Sorry, I'm just in a good mood." I allow myself to smile softly, feeling this fluffy emotion seep into the edges of my gaze.

"Oo, why?" Normani lifts her eyebrow suggestively.

The bell rings and I almost scream out of excitement and nervousness. "I'll tell you later." I ramble, jumping up and throwing my backpack on.

"Wait, you're not going to walk out with me?" Normani pouts, standing up from her seat and grabbing her backpack.

Trembling in my skin, I contain myself in one spot. "Fine. But hurry up."

"Only for you." Normani sticks her tongue out at me. "You better tell me what's up, though."

"I said I will so I will. God, do I look untrustworthy?" I fake pain in my tone but Normani seem unconvinced.

"Yes." Normani deadpans, opening the door and filing into the hallway with me.

"I'm speechless, Mani. Speechless." I whip my hair into her face.

"Hey, Camila, wait up!" A familiar voice calls out, catching up with us. An arm is suddenly being wrapped around my waist and I go to see who it is.

"Hi, Luce." Normani smiles at Lucy who is smiling at me.

"Normani!" She beams, focusing her attention on the other girl. "How's it been?"

"Pretty good." Normani answers, nodding.

"How's...?" Lucy trails her voice off, meeting Normani's eyes.

"I have no idea. Ask Dinah." Normani shrugs, seeming suddenly put off.

Lucy's arm is warm around my waist. It's not as uncomfortable as I thought it'd be. Her body is flush with mine.

"I never see her anymore." Lucy pouts. "We used to be close. It's a shame. But, you know..."

"I actually don't but I wish I did." Normani shrugs, stopping us at the gym doors. Lauren walks out, her attention stuck on fixing her jacket.

"Oh. I thought..." Lucy seems distracted, but she quickly redirects it to me. "I'll walk you out."