A Summer Night

"Throw me that blanket, Lo." I call to Lauren who is in the hallway, digging through the closet.

She chucks a red, velvety blanket at my face. "Ah!" I let out the muffled yelp. The blanket, still folded, falls into my lap.

"Sorry!" Lauren hollers back, carrying an extra pillow back into my room. She shuts the door behind her.

"I feel attacked." I deadpan, fixing my hair that the blanket messed up after a few seconds.

"I said sorry, my love." Lauren plops down next to me, kissing my cheek and then snuggling into me. I smile softly at her warmth.

"I just wanted to hear it again." I run my fingers through her dark hair. I hear her hum contently.

"You're such a little sneak." Lauren complains, pouting. I giggle, feeling her smile against my stomach.

"Your little sneak." I hum, laying back onto my pillow. I hear the green eyed girl sigh happily.

"Mine." She runs her fingers through my hair. "Are we going to watch a movie or...?"

"Yeah, we can." I untangle myself from Lauren and grab my laptop off the dresser. Plopping right back down by Lauren, I open the top. "What movie?"

I scroll through Netflix and Lauren hums at Beauty and The Beast. "This one?" I clarify, hovering my mouse over the movie.

"Yeah." She responds. I select the movie and get up quickly to shut off the lights and then climb back into bed with my girlfriend. I lay against my pillow and Lauren snuggles up against my side, her head resting on my chest and her arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I sneak my arm around her side, leaning the side of my face on her head.

She pulls the blanket up and hums contently into my pajamas. I can feel her heartbeat against my side. The movie plays and I sing some parts and when I do, Lauren giggles.

It's a good halfway through the movie when Lauren stirs and looks up at me. "I so excited for this summer—you, me, the sun, and all the time we want."

"Yeah?" I look down at my girlfriend's face and brush some of her hair out of her face.

"Yes. School was such a drag. The only good I got out of it was you." Lauren hums affectionately and I find myself grinning at emerald eyes.

"Good thing summer starts tomorrow." I smile and Lauren nods vigorously. "Staying up all night with you tonight will be the highlight of my year."

"Hopefully, neither of us fall asleep." Lauren comments, fiddling with the button on my pants. "I feel like you will."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I exclaim. She laughs softly and lifts her torso up to kiss my cheek.

"You're just a sleepy person." Lauren shrugs. "Do you have any activities for us?"

"Uhh, I have Monopoly?" I say slowly, looking from side to side sheepishly. I hadn't planned a lot out because finals were stressing me into the walls.

Lauren doubles over laughing, burying her face in my chest. "You're cute."

"It's like you're already sleep deprived. Sleep deprived Lauren is my favorite Lauren—so cute and loopy." I coo, stroking Lauren's head.

"Whatever you say." Lauren hums, snuggling up into my side again.

The movie comes to finish and Lauren yawns into my shirt. I look over at the clock. 9 o'clock.

"Okay, lets get into our pajamas and beg my dad for ice cream." I suggest. Lauren beams and rolls over me and off the bed. She crawls over to her bag she brought to spend the night.