Purple Roses & Row Boats

"I feel so left out, Chancho." Dinah pouts, laying across my lap while pressing her hand to her forehead dramatically.

"Of? And who do you think I am? Your therapist?" I complain, trying to push her off me. "You know I have to go. Lauren and I have plans."

"You keep leaving me for Ralph." Dinah pouts, clinging to my waist. "I thought you loved me."

"Go pester Mani or something." I laugh, pushing her off slowly.

"No," Dinah drawls out, burying her face in my stomach. "Mani is lame."

The door opens. "Zero disrespect." Normani's voice fills the air as she plops down next to me, peeling Dinah off me and cradling her like a little child.

"Who let you in?" Dinah asks, frowning.

"Your dad." Normani says pointedly, grinning. "You're free to leave, Mila." Normani winks.

"Don't let her go!" Dinah cries, reaching out for me as I stand up. Normani rolls her eyes and whispers something to Dinah. Dinah grins suddenly and says, "okay, you can go now, Walz."

I scoff in disbelief. "Whatever. You guys are so weird." I walk over to kiss Dinah's forehead and Normani's cheek. "I'll text you when I get home."

"Okay." Normani and Dinah sing in unison, their smiles uncannily similar. I awkwardly smile back and leave, closing the door behind me.

"Oh, hey, Camila." Dinah's dad, Gordon, says to me on my way out. "Lauren's?"

I blush and nod my head, "she's taking me out to somewhere special—she claims. She's borrowing Patricia's car because she's finally done with all the waits and limits for her license."

Gordon grins, patting my head. "Have fun, kiddo."

"See you." I wave and walk out the front door. I get a text, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Right now: My Girl: Camzzz, I'm five minutes away. Ally kept me late because she was having problems with Troy but we got it all figured out. I can't wait to see you. :)

I beam at my phone screen, sitting down on Dinah's front step. Playing a game on my phone for a bit, I wait for Lauren to pull up.

Suddenly, a car rounds the corner and parks in front of me. I see Lauren get out of the car, walking to me.

"I see Dinah dressed you up." Lauren laughs softly, kissing my cheek and taking my hand. We walk to the car and she opens the passenger door for me.

"What a babe." I tease, cupping the side of her face. She rolls her eyes playfully and waits for me to get into my seat for her to shut the door. "You're dressed up." I comment when she hops into the driver's seat.

"Well, yeah. It's a date." Lauren chuckles nervously, pulling out and starting down the street.

"I know. I'm just saying it's more than usual." I hum, admiring the girl beside me. An unknown feeling pricks in my chest and I advert my gaze. "I like it, though."

Lauren exhales loudly. "Okay, good. I just... I want tonight to be good."

I furrow my eyebrows slightly. "Our dates are always good. Why do you sound so stressed?"

"No reason." The green eyed girl quickly flashes me a lopsided smile. "Just enjoy the ride. It's a little out there."

"If you kill me and this is how I die, I wouldn't mind." I joke, giggling. Lauren laughs, sounding relaxed for once.

"Nice to know." She says, rolling her eyes. I smile fondly at her, feeling slightly weird after. I look down at my hand and then over at her thigh. Do I?