3

Day 1 - 7:23 am

Cole woke up with a headache the next morning. The stench of horny college students and stale liquor was not the smell he wished to wake to. He scrunched his nose in disgust as he sat up, taking in his surroundings. Two drunk students were sprawled out on the floor, they must have fallen asleep as soon as they stepped through the door. To Cole's left was Kylie, which meant she probably got the same idea as him, but didn't want to sleep alone in a strange household.

"Kylie." Cole whispered, shaking her motionless figure next to him. The girl groaned, shifting to move on her other side. Her pillow she had under her head was stained with eye makeup and foundation. "Get up." Cole rolled his eyes and shoved her roughly. She finally got up.

Kylie sat up in the bed, stretching her short arms in the air as she let out a monstrous yawn. She looked around the room. Once she realized she was in the same bed as Cole, she immediately sprang up in shock. "We didn't, did we?" She asked in a panic.

"We didn't." Cole groaned as he held his head in his hand. Kylie scoffed before she pushed a piece of her hair behind her ears. "I must have found you asleep in here last night and thought it'd be safe to sleep with someone I knew." She shrugged her shoulders before she tied her hair up in a ponytail.

"Not like you'd mind sleeping with a stranger." Cole rolled his eyes before he stood completely up off of the bed. The early morning sun blinded him through the stained glass window. "I'm leaving, I have to get back to campus."

"Suit yourself, I'm staying here today. I've got a major hangover." Kylie groaned as she flopped back down on the bed. She can suit herself, but Cole had to get back to campus. Today was the day the bet officially started, and he needed to find Charlotte as quickly as he could.

Cole walked out of the smelly room and looked at the mess of a household before him. Every step he took had to small so he wouldn't step on any shattered glass or the bodies of passed out college students. He made his way through the trashed home before a large hand grabbed his wrist, yanking him to a stop.

It was Ian. He was crashed out on the sofa he had been on last night. His eyes were bloodshot, and his black hair was a tousled mess upon his head. His lips curved up in a small smirk as he looked up at Cole. "Don't forget, the bet starts today. Time is ticking Cole."

Cole just nodded his head before he shook Ian's hand off of his wrist. The cold touch of his hand reminded him that he had made a bet with the devil himself. If he lost this bet, it would cost him a lot of money, and how the hell would he get together eight hundred that quick? All of his money currently went towards his tuition. But, that's how desperate Cole was for money. He would make a stupid bet to try and make a few quick bucks.

He made his way outside of the house to find that the front lawn was covered in garbage. Such a waste of a home to have it trashed so poorly. Cole didn't bother waking up any of his hungover friends to drive him home, so he decided he'd just take the local bus back to campus.

New York City was always bustling with life. People were constantly traveling and chitchatting, whether to another person or on the phone. There were tons of towering skyscrapers that could reach beyond the clouds above. Many food outlets and clothing stores lined the different streets, and most of them were typically packed with large groups of people. Cole wasn't a big fan of the rude pedestrians, but he loved the city itself. It's where he grew up.

The campus bus arrived at the stop around eight o'clock that morning, and that's when Cole boarded. Alongside him in the seats were other college students; some who looked hungover from parties, and some who looked like they spent their night living off of caffeine to finish their projects for school.

Cole's eyes scanned the open seats on the bus before his eyes landed on a familiar face. He sat down next to the woman before he pulled out his phone. Next to him, he could tell that she was completely ignoring his presence. Cole began to let his fingers tap against his phone screen, searching up Charlotte's Instagram. Sure enough, the young lady who sat next to him was Charlotte Aldaine.

Charlotte was a pretty, young woman who turned nineteen only a few months ago. She had graduated from her high school early, so that put her ahead of the game. That meant that she was a sophomore this year instead of a freshman. She was one of the youngest sophomores at New York University.

She had this fragile, delicate look to her, like she would break if you just touched her arm. Her skin had lightened some since he first bumped into her from not being overexposed to the summer sun. Considering it was closing in on winter, most people turned lighter unless they went to the tanning salon every month. Cole's nostrils filled with the scent of cherry blossoms, which must have been the perfume she wore today.

Charlotte's long hair was no longer a light chestnut brown, but instead was a dark chocolate brown, which looked a lot more natural on her. Her baby blue eyes looked striking in contrast with her dark hair. She wore an oversized burgundy sweater with a pair of black leggings and dark red vans.

It made Cole internally cringe knowing he had to take her virginity. For some reason, he had a repulsive view of her in his demented mind due to the fact that she ruined his shirt their first day back to college. He remembered embarrassing her, and it almost brought a smile to his lips. Messed up and extremely rude, he knew that. But did he care? Not one bit.

His eyes darted over to the girl next to him, and he had to mentally hype himself up to speak the first word to her since she refused to acknowledge his existence. It baffled him because, well what woman could resist him? Obviously this simple minded girl to his right.

Cole lifted his hand, tapping on her forearm that was resting on the armrest. Her arm immediately recoiled as she moved it away from the armrest. And there was the look of utter surprise spread across her features. She remembered him, and it was not a good memory. "Charlotte, right?" Cole asked simply. He figured he might as well start with something straight forward.

"Why do you care?" She shot back at him, her eyes narrowing slightly. Charlotte shut the laptop that was on her lap, possibly in fear that the asshole next to her might try and ruin her project.

"Don't be so cold, darling. That's not how you make friends." Cole had to grit his teeth to keep his hostility in check for the time being. Hell, he better be paid more than eight hundred to get in this girl's pants.

"And why would I want to be friends with the likes of you?" She snapped at him, curling her hands under the long fabric of her sweater.

"You can't judge a book by his cover." Cole shrugged his shoulders as he leaned back in his seat, pretending to not give a care in the world.

"I can if he embarrassed me in front of hundreds of students." Charlotte huffed and moved to the empty seat on her right to get away from Cole. So, she did remember.

"Oh come on, I was immature then. Plus, that was months ago, can't you learn to forgive?" Cole pleaded, scooting over to the seat she just left. Charlotte tensed up, shooting him a nasty look.

This was going to be a lot harder than Cole thought it would be. What woman wouldn't be shaking at the knees to sleep with him? Obviously Charlotte wasn't. Her walls were built up so high that it was going to be hard for him to tear them down.

"Then why didn't you forgive me that day? But instead, resorted to a humiliating prank? That's my question for you." Charlotte said through her teeth as the bus pulled to a stop. She stood up immediately, pushing her way off the bus so she could get as far away from Cole as she possibly could. Cole wasn't one to give up so easily though, so he made his way off the bus.

Once he exited the vehicle, his eyes scanned the campus to see if he could catch sight of the girl. Alas, it seemed like she had slipped away from him.

Cole groaned to himself as he stood in the middle of the walkway. Irritated students shot him glares as they had to step in the grass to maneuver around him as if he were a wall. He didn't care though, he just wanted to find Charlotte again. There were only twenty nine days left after today for him to complete his side of the bet, so he had to get close to her as quick as possible.

Now, if Cole was a girly campus nerd who had nothing to do with his life, where would he go?

Either the campus library or the cafe.