31

Day 24 - 11:38 am

"Girl, it sounds like he ate you like a five course meal." Cierra kicked her legs up on the coffee table as she popped open the top of her Coca-Cola bottle. Kristie snorted from laughing too hard as she nearly fell off of the wobbly chair she was sat on. The small group of girls were gathered in Charlotte's dorm, and of course Kristie had asked about the "noises" she heard for half an hour on Christmas night.

They ended up staying at Charlotte's house for a few days before they told her mother goodbye and headed back to their dorms on campus. Jaclyn seemed to pester Cole every chance she got, giving him open ended threats and asking him very personal question. He surprisingly behaved himself though, and her younger sister grew to accept him as if he was part of their family. Charlotte's mother fell in love with him as if he was her own son, and she did the same for Andy too.

Although, she never did find her lace panties after Cole stripped her of them and threw them somewhere on the floor. That morning, the two of them searched every crevice of her room looking for them, yet they remained missing. He felt really guilty about losing her underwear, so he promised to take her to Victoria's Secret one day and get her some new ones. Of course, she didn't decline that offer.

Charlotte's cheeks and neck flushed crimson red as she nervously twirled a piece of hair between her fingers. It was a nervous habit of hers that she never seemed to break. Her stomach felt like it had been tied in knots and flipped upside down just by listening to them.

"I knew that you were a dirty girl deep down. You always made it sound like I was the dirty one, when in reality Cole found the freak buried deep within you." Kristie hollered with a cheeky grin on her pale face. She took her hair tie off of her skinny wrist and put her freshly dyed, pastel pink hair up into a high ponytail. Her bangs immediately fell out of the tie, but it suited her facial structure well.

"Well, I feel kind of guilty." Charlotte whispered as she played with with the charm at the end of her necklace. It was the crystalized rose necklace that Cole had got her for Christmas, and she found herself clutching the pendant within her palm. Cierra cocked a brow at her, and Kristie stared at her so intently that she knew that her full attention was on her. "I didn't tell him that I loved him." She muttered quickly, embarrassment washing over her features.

Kristie gasped, but Cierra wasn't phased as she took a big sip out of her Coke bottle. "I know you two haven't been together that long, but you've even told me that you love him. I thought that by now you would've told him, especially after he gave you such a beautiful Christmas gift." A small frown took over the pink haired girl's lips as she continued to look at Charlotte.

"Charlotte doesn't have to do anything that she's not comfortable with." Cierra shrugged as she set the empty bottle down on the coffee table. "It's been less than a month, and it's understandable that you would feel cautious telling the man you love him, especially after meeting one of your psychotic exes at the diner that one day." She chuckled lightly as her eyes flickered between the two girls.

"Are you just nervous to tell him? Or are you still not sure how you feel?" Kristie asked, resting her chin in the palm of her petite hand.

Charlotte looked down at her thighs as she pondered her best friend's question. She had repeatedly told Kristie how much she loved him, yet had never uttered those few words to the man himself. It's true that she believed at one point in her life that she loved Harry, but those feelings were gone. Cole was the new man in her life, and although he only joined it twenty-four days ago, he had really left a mark on her soul.

He made her laugh, and he made her cry. Cole drove her insane with his his stupid antics, yet he drew her in with his charm. Not only did he make her feel special, he made her feel at home. This wasn't a relationship built from fear, it was one built from love. She knew that too.