16

Day 9 - 8:05 pm

Charlotte and Kristie headed out of their dorm room and began their walk off of campus. The two girls walked arm in arm as they began their hunt for a local taxi driver who needed some extra cash. Once they finally found one of the brightly yellow cars, they began to wave him down. The buggy pulled to a stop on the side of the road in front of them, and a little old man rolled the window down. "Where to younglings?"An accent slipped through his words.

Kristie told the cab driver their destination as the two of them slipped into the crammed car. He gave a small nod of his head before he sped off towards the main roads of New York. Charlotte gazed out the window, watching the lights pass by in a flash. Kristie gave her a small smile before she placed her hand on top of Charlotte's. "Aren't you excited? You get to meet Cole's friends."

The truth was that Charlotte was actually extremely nervous at how Cole would react to her surprise appearance at whoever's apartment they were heading to. What if he didn't want her there and kicked her out? Just the very thought sent chills down her spine and made goosebumps appear on her arms. Charlotte lied through her teeth to give Kristie some satisfaction. "Of course I am."

Minutes later the two were of them were thanking the cab driver and giving him cash for the ride. They now stood before an old apartment complex that looked as if it hadn't been renovated in years, possibly decades. The shingles were practically hanging on by a thread, and the doors leading into the building were quite shabby to look at.

The interior design was modern, but much classier than the outside had presented. They went up the long flight of wooden stairs to get to the fifth floor of the complex. Once they reached the top floor, they made their way down the long hallway. Not one door that they went by didn't smell like drugs or have moans coming from within its walls. This has to be the junk floor that the complex kept hidden away from the rest of their renters, this was the floor for the older college students.

Although, the man who owned apartment 503 was no longer a college student. He graduated this past summer, yet still hung out with the young group of college students. Ian was plopped down on his tattered couch with his arm loosely hung around Kylie's shoulders with a beer in hand. He had let his stubble grow a bit too much for his liking, and he desperately needed a haircut.

Bîtchy Becky had her back laid against his coffee table as she watched a red dot zoom across the ceiling periodically. Dylan, of course, was messing with the dumb bimbo who was already drunk. Liam and his girlfriend were in the kitchen area whispering seductively to each other from across the island. Then there was Andy, who was currently sat down right next to Cole. Cole was the first one to speak up. "So, Kristie is coming over tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah, she should be here any minute now." Andy relaxed back on the recliner chair he was sat in, shutting his eyes for a moment. Cole took a long drag of the cigarette between his lips, his eyes glued to Andy as he spoke. "Why don't you ever bring Charlotte to hang out with us?" Andy asked, causing Cole to glare at him.

"You're truly a moron. I'm hooking up with her for a bet, we aren't in love. So what's the point?Plus, knowing you guys, you all would spoil any chances I had at winning the bet." He hissed at Andy before he just let the killer hang loosely in his lips. Andy was about to speak up, but the door the Ian's apartment flew open with a bang. In came the bouncing blue haired emo that Cole had grown to tolerate. Although, the woman who shut the door behind her made his entire heart skip a whole beat.

Charlotte. Why was she here? Kristie wasn't supposed to bring anyone with her. She wasn't supposed to meet his friends. They may ruin any chances he had at maintaining Charlotte and winning the bet. As her eyes spotted him across the room, a frown slipped on her lips. He didn't know why she was frowning, but he had a feeling it was because he didn't explicitly invite her. Kristie grabbed Charlotte's hand and drug her to the center of the room.