8

Day 4 - 8:23 am

"Charlotte!" Kristie screeched in her ear before yanking her warm blankets right off of her body. Charlotte came home with Cole late last night and had crashed on her bed soon after she had gotten home and had taken a shower. She squinted her baby blue eyes as the bright sunlight shined through the window. Once her eyes adjusted, they moved over to gaze at Kristie, who was sitting on the corner of her bed with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Why are you up so early? Our Psychology class isn't until eleven." Charlotte groaned and pulled her pillow over her head. Kristie rolled her eyes before yanking the pillow away from her grasp.

"You snuck back last night without saying a word. I want to know what happened last night." She beamed. Kristie's hair was caked with a new color of dye. It looked like it was going to be bright blue after she washed the excess dye out.

Charlotte stretched her arms once she finally decided to sit up. "We went to an arcade last night and then went to that really fancy French restaurant that I've been meaning to try." She said as she ruffled her messy hair.

"You mean La Bernardin?" Kristie asked, her eyes bulging out as if she were a cartoon character.

She just nodded her head before kicking her legs over the side of her bed. Last night was so much fun for her. She hadn't had that much fun with a boy since her and her ex first started dating. Charlotte would have loved to say it was always fun, but as time went on, he became toxic.

Charlotte remembered him all too well. He had long, brown hair and his body was littered with random tattoos. His piercing green eyes were always full of pretty little lies that he craved to tell her. She knew how dangerous he could be, but he convinced her that he loved her and that's why he acted how he did. It was all fake though. He was possessive, and his words hurt like poison.

"Wow. He took you somewhere extremely fancy. As long as he's treating you right, I support it fully." Kristie grinned at her before she went to the bathroom to go wash the excess dye out of her hair. "If he hurts you though, I will not hesitate to beat his ass." She called out before she shut the door with her foot.

Charlotte let out a small yawn before she finally got out of bed and moved to her closet. After she had gotten home last night, she took a shower immediately and then crashed out on her bed. She began her normal routine, flipping through her clothes to find the perfect outfit.

She threw on a pair of black, ripped boyfriend jeans with fish nets under them and a white Led Zeppelin shirt tied in the front. Kristie walked out of the bathroom with her blue hair finally dried.

"So, want to go to the coffee shop before Psychology?" She asked Charlotte.

"Sure. I'd love to." She replied before the two girls walked out of their dorm room.

Of course, Kristie began to pester her with questions about Cole the whole way to the little cafe on campus. Charlotte explained everything to her as well as she could, but she left out the part where his front was pressed to her back in the arcade. That was a tiny, yet intimate moment she wished not to share as of now.

She hated that she didn't want to stay away from him. For months Charlotte avoided him at all costs, for she even took different paths to class so she wouldn't even have to see him. He humiliated her, and the school thought that she was just a joke for so long. Now, he was trying to get close to her, and hell knows why.