22

Day 14 - 8:46 am

Today was Cole's birthday. He turned twenty one, yet he had no plans to celebrate it. Usually, he would ask his circle of friends to just hang out, but Charlotte asked to see him for the day. He never mentioned his birthday to her, so he just figured that she just wanted to hang out for the day. Cole would be fine just laying in his room all day watching movies with Charlotte. Maybe he could throw another scary movie in the pile to freak her out.

Currently, those thoughts were not running through his head because he was passed out on his bed asleep. It was close to nine o'clock and he rarely ever slept in this late. Granted, it took him forever to fall asleep because he had a killer headache most of the night. He probably didn't fall asleep until around three in the morning. It would be hard to guess that he had minimal sleep considering he was on his belly snoring in bed.

Charlotte somehow convinced the room advisor to let her into Cole's room to surprise him. After the advisor unlocked the door, she quietly thanked him as she pushed the door open with her shoulder. In her arms, she carried his wrapped gift and a small cake she had bought for them to share. Once she was inside, she silently set down the items on his kitchen counter near the back before she tiptoed over towards his bed.

She stood at the foot of his bed, a small smile on her lips as she climbed on top of him and laid on his back. "Baby." Charlotte muttered in his ear, gently poking his cheek. He didn't show any signs of movement though, causing Charlotte to huff. She sat up slightly so that she could roll Cole over onto his back before she traced a finger down his bare chest. "I'm naked, and you're going to miss out if you don't wake up." She whispered in his ear seductively, a small smirk on her lips.

Cole finally opened his eyes as he brought his hands up to rub them, fixing his vision. As he looked at Charlotte sat on top of him, he could spot the playful grin on her lips as she tried not to laugh. Of course she had lied to get him up, and it worked. She was actually wearing an emerald green knit sweater with a pair of black leggings and Toms. Cole rolled his eyes as he wrapped his arms around Charlotte, locking her against his chest tightly. "Oh, you're going to get it." Cole chuckled as he used one arm to hold her still and used the other one to tickle her sides.

Charlotte squealed as she wriggled around in Cole's arm. She tried to use her own hands to pry off his arm, but it was to no avail. Once she realized that her struggles wouldn't work, she finally tried to apologize. "I'm sorry–" She was barely able to say between her laughs. In all honesty, Cole loved to hear her laugh. It made him never want to stop his merciless attack on her. Yet he let her go so she could catch her breath. "Thank you." She said as she took in a deep breath.

His eyes met her's for a moment before she gave him a smile, tapping his nose. "Go brush your teeth, then I'll give you a kiss." She cooed as she got off of him and walked to the kitchen. Cole chuckled slightly as he moved the covers off of him. Once he made his way to the bathroom, he ran the water and began to brush his teeth. Back in the kitchen, Charlotte was pulling out materials to make him breakfast.

By the time Cole was back from freshening up and getting dressed, Charlotte already had eggs and bacon set out on the table. A small smile crept on his lips as he walked over to where she was by the sink. He wrapped is arms around her from behind, pressing a gentle kiss to her temples. "Thank you." He murmured in her ear. Cole wasn't sure why she was doing this, or how she got into his room so early in the morning. Whatever the answers were, he was thankful.

Charlotte and him sat down at the small table in the kitchen, eating and having small talk. Her breakfast was very flavorful, and he finished it in a matter of minutes. Once they were done, Charlotte collected their dishes and washed them in the sink. As Cole was sat at the table waiting for her, he looked at the time and realized that they both had classes soon. "Charlotte, our classes start in about ten minutes." Cole said. He could care less about ditching his classes, but he knew that she would regret it if she did. She was much more studious than he was after all.