36

Day 29 - 12:12 pm

Cole began to pull her through the house, hearing her giggle at nothing as she tried to keep up. All of a sudden, she came to a halt, causing him to stop too. "Baby, I need to say bye to my friends. I'll be out front waiting for you." She told him before making her way back to where her friends were sitting beforehand.

After the ball had dropped at midnight, everyone had filed their way back inside the large house and the music was once again blasting as loud as it possibly could. Charlotte walked over to the couch, and sure enough, everyone was sat down where they originally were.

"Kristie, you have the house key, right?" She questioned, reviving a nod as Kristie pulled it out of her purse. "Good, I'll see you later girl." She leaned down to give her best friend a hug.

"Aw, leaving so soon to get it on with your boo thang?" Kristie snickered as she hugged Charlotte back, receiving a lightl punch to her upper arm. "Make sure he takes you somewhere nice."

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she walked up to Dylan and gave him a brief hug too. "Happy New Year, Dylan. We can only hope for A's in our math class this year, right?" She teased, taking a step back as she released rom the hug.

"Ah, yes. We can only hope." Dylan chuckled as he placed a hand on Charlotte's shoulder. Inside, he could feel the guilt seeping through his veins. With tomorrow being the deadline, he knew that Cole would try to make his move tonight. "Charlotte, be careful tonight, okay?"

"Why do I need to be careful?"

Dylan opened his mouth to say something, but was quickly cut off as one of Charlotte's other friends began to tell her goodbye. All he could do now was watch her walk out of the house and hope that she would make the right decision tonight.

As Charlotte walked outside, she felt the cold air touch her skin and form little goosebumps. She patiently waited for Cole to pull up in his car, but began to feel anxious as she heard a few whistles aimed in her direction. When she turned her head around, she saw a group of guys sat in the window of the house with their eyes glued to her body.

Cole pulled up moments later and parked the car. He stepped outside, seeing that Charlotte was looking at someone behind her. That's when he saw the group of filthy college men gawking at her figure. He attempted to keep his temper down by coming up behind Charlotte and pressing a soft kiss to her cheekbone.

"Let's go." He whispered in her ear as he opened up the passenger door for her. Charlotte beamed as she took a seat, letting Cole close her in the car. He then turned around to the group of swine sitting in the window before generously flipping them off with a bright smile. Cole didn't stay long enough to gauge their reactions, for he was already seated in his car and driving away before they had time to react.

"I'm sorry." Cole sighed softly as he reached over his center console to place his calloused hand against her thigh. She didn't look at him as he spoke, for her gaze was set out the window as she watched the lights fade by.

"It happens." She whispered softly as she tucked a small strand of her hair behind her ear. "Men will always go after women, even if they know that they are not their's." Her finger tips found their way to her cheeks as she let her eyelids slowly fall shut.

Cole felt an ache in his heart as he kept driving down the busy streets of New York. He felt like Charlotte was his, but was she really? Sure, they had the label down of them being a couple, but Ian is expecting that label to be dropped as soon as the bet is over.

That's not what he wanted though. He wanted to love her as long as he lived, and hold her close to his chest for him to never let go. He wanted to caress her cheek and kiss her constantly like she was his last. Cole didn't want any other man to touch her besides him. In fact, he didn't even want another man to look at her the way he did.