11

Day 7 - 6:45 pm

"I can't believe my best friend is going to a fraternity party." Kristie mumbled under her breath as she watched Charlotte shuffle around the room, scrambling to get everything together before Cole showed up. Last night, Cole had texted her at the worst possible time. She may have been short with him, but at least he could've acted like he knew something was wrong.

Apparently her mother started drinking again. Her younger sister, Sarah, told her that their mom had came home last night with a bottle of whiskey in her hands. Of course this worried her to death when her sister called her to tell her this. Her mom hasn't drank since she divorced Charlotte's biological father when she was younger. She was doing so good, but she must be falling back into her old habits again.

Charlotte walked over to the mirror, trying not to trip in the heels Kristie picked out for her last time they went shopping. She wore a pair of old, tattered high waisted jeans paired with a black, tight top that could've possibly been mistaken for a bralette. Kristie picked out a pair of black wedges for her to go with the outfit. Her face didn't have much makeup on it, but her eyes were plastered with a smokey eye and natural, fake lashes. Last, but certainly not least, he long hair was in light curls down her back.

She turned around to face Kristie, who's jaw was nearly dropped to the floor as she gazed at her best friend. "How do I look?" Charlotte asked, turning in a full circle to show Kristie. Her friend nodded quickly, a wide grin spreading across her lips.

"Hot as hell. I'd honestly go lesbian for you." Kristie winked at her before she laid back down on her bed. Charlotte rolled her eyes at Kristie playfully before she made her way out of the dorm room. As she was getting ready for today, Kristie had gave her "the talk" which she insisted on doing.

By the time Charlotte made it out of the door, she saw Cole awaiting near his junk car. He was wearing the usual, his signature leather jacket. She took in a quick, deep breath before making her way over to wear he was. He didn't even look up at her until she was right in front of him. His eyes scanned her body, and his eyebrows quickly furrowed together. "A lot of skin, how daring." He teased before getting in.

"Yeah, I guess." Charlotte said quietly before she also got into his car. As if this was deja vu, the two of them drove off into the darkness in complete silence. She couldn't quite wrap her head around the fact that he could be so kind to her one minute, then so cold and distant the next. She let a small sigh escape her lips as she looked out the window. After a few moments of silence, she finally decided to speak up. "You invite me to a party, but you won't talk to me?

Cole rolled his eyes as he pulled up to the noisy frat house that was obviously throwing a wild party. He looked over at Charlotte before placing his hand on her thigh and giving it a quick squeeze. "You look beautiful tonight. I just wouldn't expect you to wear something so daring." He gave her a playful wink before he stepped out of the car.

Her cheeks flushed bright red, and luckily it was too dark for anyone to notice. She got out of his car before walking next to him, hand in hand. He led her through the noisy house, and she was definitely not expecting to arrive at a party this chaotic.

The lights were dimmed so that the faces of her peers couldn't be seen in the house unless they were right in front of her. They past by what seemed like millions of drunk, sweaty bodies as they tried to find an area where they could breathe. Of course, Cole had to stop to talk to a couple of his guy friends, and even a couple of girls.

Those girls looked at him with lust in their eyes. Everything happened so fast. They perched their boobs up so high that she'd imagine they'd be reaching the sky by now. Their shorts were so far up their asses that they might as well of just been wearing thongs. It was a horrific sight to see, and they were all over Cole. And Charlotte was still stood behind him, fuming with rage as she watched the two girls.