17

Day 10 - 3:58 pm

All of Charlotte's classes were done for the rest of the day. She couldn't wait to leave the math building and forget about whatever she had just learned in that dreadful class. Honestly, she was struggling in her Calculus class. It was never a strong subject for her to begin with, so this college course was truly kicking her butt. That's what happened when she began to take these college courses, the classes mattered more and her grades got lower the more that she struggled. She needed to consider getting a tutor, and very soon.

Throwing all of her things in her bag as quickly as she could, she began to make her away outside of the boring building. A quick tap to her shoulder caused her to slow down. When she turned around, the brown eyed Dylan was standing right behind her, a cheeky grin on his lips. "Charlotte, right?" He asked, causing her to give him a slight nod as the two made their way outside. "My name's Dylan, I'm one of Cole's friends."

Of course Charlotte remembered him. He was the only one who actually told that rude girl to back off for a little while. She would never forget a kind gesture like that. A small smile played on her lips as she shifted her bag so it was farther up on her shoulder. "Yeah of course I remember you. Thanks for defending me last night, I felt like a bit of an outcast since you all were friends so I was the odd-woman out. Becky didn't exactly help with that.." she laughed nervously before she scratched the back of her neck.

Dylan shook his head before he rolled his eyes. "Becky likes to start drama. Don't believe what she said about Cole though, she's just mad that he's currently not her man for the taking." He laughed lightly before he shoved his hands down into his cargo pants pockets. Honestly, he knew deep down he shouldn't be defending Cole, but there was no point in getting himself punched in the face over a petty lie. "So, any plans for his birthday?" He questioned.

Charlotte just looked at Dylan, the quick pace that she once had was now slowed drastically. Birthday? He never even mentioned his birthday to her. Then again, it seemed like he didn't tell her a lot of things. "When's his birthday? He never mentioned it to me." A small frown crept upon her lips at the thought. Birthdays were a time to celebrate, and he hadn't even mentioned it to her. She loved to celebrate other people's birthdays.

"Don't look so glum." Dylan teased before he lightly nudged her shoulder. "He doesn't go around flaunting the date around. It's this upcoming Friday." He let out a small sigh before he let his eyes drift away from her. "When Cole was younger, he didn't have any birthday parties. Partially because it was hard for his mother to plan a birthday for twins, but also because his parents were never home to plan a party for him."

"He has never had a birthday party?" Charlotte gasped as if she had just seen a ghost. She could only imagine what it would be like to never celebrate a birthday. Once again, this was a piece of information Cole failed to share with her. When she was younger, her mother always went out of her way to throw these extravagant birthday parties for her and her sister. Of course, those dwindled down as her family began to slowly tear apart.

"I don't even think he's gotten a gift before. Usually he tells our little group that he doesn't want to specifically 'celebrate' it, but he just wants to hang out." Dylan shook his head before he placed his hand on her shoulder gently. The action was subtle, but it did not go unnoticed. "I think you're changing him, but for the better. I'll see you in class on Wednesday." He offered her a small smile before he headed off towards his own dorm.

Charlotte stood there in shock from what he just told her. Cole had never had a birthday party. Never. She just couldn't picture what it would be like to be a child without a party. Now she knew what she had to do. She needed to not only get Cole a birthday present, but she also needed to plan an amazing day for them if he didn't have any other plans. Maybe she could even get in contact with his twin and get him something small too.