23

*Warning! If you don't want to read any sensual scenes, skip past the part right after she gives him his birthday gift!*

Day 14 - 5:57 pm

After their trip to the Statue of Liberty's crown, Cole and Charlotte were headed towards their next location. Rockefeller Center Skating Rink. Yes, Cole had taken Charlotte roller skating before and they had shared their first kiss there. This was an outdoor ice skating rink though, and she felt like it would be something fun to do as the sun went down.

The drive to the ice skating rink was full of karaoke, mostly by Charlotte of course. Her silly tunes and singing rang throughout the old Civic as she danced around in her seat. It made Cole chuckle at how enthusiastic she was while singing along to Ed Sheeran and All Time Low. Needless to say, it made the trip to the skating rink very entertaining for him.

Once they reached the rink, Cole and Charlotte both stepped out of his car before she went to go stand next to him. "I hope you've been practicing." She poked fun at him, a playful smile on her pink lips as she glanced up at Cole. He looked down at her with a cocked brow before she finally finished her thought. "We're going ice skating." She beamed as she led him over to the rink, having already paid for them in advance.

"Oh great, this is what I get for not practicing." Cole rolled his eyes as he let Charlotte happily drag him along to where they had to get their skates. After telling the man at the counter their size, he gave the couple their respected skates. Once their skates were on, Cole once again fought to keep his balance while standing. If he thought that roller skating was hard, he was in for a big surprise.

It was hard for him to walk when the skate that was on his feet were just a thin, metallic blade. Even while he held a death grip onto the side of the rink, it was still extremely difficult to try and maintain a steady balance without falling on his face. Charlotte was even struggling to keep her balance outside of the outdoor rink. Once the two made it inside the actual rink though, her balance did an entire one-eighty as she easily glided across the ice without a struggle. She was a natural not only on slick wood, but also on the slippery ice.

Night was beginning to fall as the sun began to hide behind the buildings as it lit up the sky with its final show for the day. Hues of pinks, yellows, oranges, and reds covered the sky like an acrylic painting. Soon enough, the sky would turn black and the lights of the city would be their light as they skated through the night. Charlotte had planned this day out perfectly, for she wanted this event to be their last one.

When Cole placed his metal skate on the rink, he felt overconfident that he wold be able to do this. As soon as he placed his second skate on the slippery ice, he immediately lost balance and fell right on his behind. Charlotte couldn't help but to giggle as she skated over to him with grace, offering him a hand to help him up. "This time, I won't let you pull me down with you." She gave him a wink, and his cheeks fired up immediately.

"You just wait." Cole muttered cheekily as he took her hand in his, pushing his body up so he was standing again. Charlotte held his hand still, telling him to follow her lead and to stay close to her. He did as she said, and soon enough he was gliding across the ice without her aid. A wide grin came on his lips as he looked over at Charlotte, who clapped her hands together in glee as she saw him skate by. "I'm getting better at this by the day." Cole chuckled as she caught up to him, sarcasm laced through his words.

"Don't get too cocky now." She returned a laugh as she hooked her arm around his. The sun had finally set, and the outdoor rink was illuminated by not only the street lights, but the red and green string lights strung across the rink to give it a holiday glow. Stars speckled high in the sky above them, yet the most beautiful star that Cole had ever seen was skating next to him across the ice.