14

Day 8 - 6:34 pm

Charlotte decided it would be best for her to steer clear of her dorm room for a little while. She realized that when she walked through the door and heard the sounds of her best friend and her boyfriend in the kitchen. Sometimes, she honestly forgot that her best friend was nineteen years old and that these kinds of things just happened regularly for some people. With that note, she had quickly slipped on a pair of pants and left her best friend to do her own business.

She now wore Cole's extremely baggy shirt that she had tucked in and a pair of her own skinny jeans. It was comfy and casual, definitely her style. She took the initiative to make her way towards the library and finish her Psychology report that was due in a week. Might as well make good use of her free time and get her project finished on time.

Hours of typing away on a keyboard was definitely mind-numbing, and she needed a brain break desperately. Shutting down her google document on the library's computer, she slipped her way out of the silent hall and began her journey outside. The light growl of her stomach made her insides desperate to get food. That's right, she hadn't ate a single meal yet today. Maybe she should grab dinner before she made her way back to her dorm.

Charlotte hesitated before making a phone call to her best friend, who surprisingly answered the phone. "Hello?" Kristie said on the other line, her breathing a bit shaky. Please tell her that she wasn't just in the middle of doing dirty things as she picked up the phone.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you wanted to go out and grab some dinner. I'm starving." Charlotte continued her walk down the paved pathway provided by the University.

"I'm sorry my little Charmander, but I have to take a rain check on this one–" She was cut off by some strange noise in the background. Hushed whispers and giggles could be heard through the phone. Kristie must still be with Andy. "I'll see you later." On that note, the line went dead. A small sigh left Charlotte's lips as she put her phone in her back pocket. So much for spending some quality time with her friend, who was currently getting some action with her boyfriend.

Shivers were sent down her spine just at the thought of her best friend "getting it on" with Andy. Charlotte knew it would happen eventually, but she was just hoping it wouldn't be where they sometimes eat dinner at night. An audible groan escaped her lips before she reached her gentle hands up to rub her bloodshot eyes. Tired and hungry, not the best combination to be. She needed food, and fast. There were no places nearby campus where she could just walk, she would end up having to take the bus. She ended up deciding on a little diner within the West wing of the campus

As she arrived, the little diner was booming with starving college students. Although, she was alone, so she was seated immediately at a little table for two. Too bad she would be dining alone tonight. She didn't want to bother Cole, but she probably should have asked. Her eyes gazed around at the retro decorations that hung on the cream walls. Some old music was playing lightly in the background through a jukebox, although it could hardly be heard over the obnoxious football team in the back corner making crude jokes.

A cute, little waitress came up to her table in a hurry. She had dark, black hair that was set in cornrows. She wore a black shirt and slacks with a white apron over them. Her beautiful ebony skin shined under the lights of the diner, and her chocolate brown eyes had a glisten of life to them. "What can I get you to drink?" She asked, flashing her a white, toothy grin.

"I'll take an iced tea." Charlotte gave her a small smile as she watched her rush off to go get her drink order. She definitely recognized her from somewhere, but she couldn't process in her mind where she saw her last. A scuffing noise of a chair being pulled away awoke her from her deep thoughts. Her skin ran cold and her face paled as she saw who had sat down right across from her. Not again, not here.