Chapter 1

Scarlett's POV:

I looked out of the window of my car and the warm rays of sun hit my face. I looked back at my hands which were holding the steering wheel. They had become dry probably because it is the late of winter season. I checked my phone once again for the 47319th time and it still displayed 9 messages from 2 chats, but no missed calls.

The signal turned into green colour and I ignited the engine, changed the gear and pressed on the accelerator.

I was desperately waiting for a call from almost an hour which literally, not hypothetically, literally felt like forever.
And waiting, mind you, sucks.

So to remove the disappointing thoughts which were occupying my mind, I turned on the radio which played 'I am a freak' of Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull which was one of my favorite songs. I was about to sing, when suddenly my phone started beeping and it displayed 'Mom'.

"Finally" I grinned to myself and swiped the screen to answer.

"Hey mom"

"A second please?" I said just before she was about to say something.

I rolled the windows of my car up, as those horns of vehicles were making it impossible to hear.

"Do I get to speak now, or do I have to take an appointment?" Joked my mom from the other end of the call.

"Yeah, sorry"
I chuckled.

"Well..what do I say? You got the deal!" My mom said happily.

"That's reallyyyy a good news!!!"I almost screamed.

And by that time I reached the peaks of happiness. I kind of expected it, but actually achieving it was way more exciting.

"I'll be there in half an hour" I replied after gathering myself.

"Waiting" she replied.

And I hung up the phone.

"Yaayyyy! I cracked it"
I yelled on top of my voice.
But obviously no one heard it because the windows were up.

I cracked a real important business deal, and in business when we say important you take it as -'as hard as the ground'-, like not literally, it's just a metaphor. Lame Joke alert!

Our new investors had just called my mom and informed her about the sanction.

Right turn -My subconscious reminded.
Oh yes I'm driving.

Mom looked really proud as she said the investors praised my presentation a lot.
They were amazed to see how an inexperienced amateur perfectly calculated the profits, losses and proposed such good deal.
Well I don't really think that was hard, it took a lot of thinking part though.
But I can't help it,
I got this business perspective in my genes and my MBA course was a booster to it.

Left turn.

Now those Smiths are gonna know their actual place.

Behind us.

Left turn.

I was taking a left turn and suddenly my eyes shrinked because an irritating light covered my vision and......

*Sound of a car hitting the other*