Chapter 7

In the meeting:

Five other companies were sitting along with me to approach the deal. One among those was of his.
We all were sitting on a long table headed by the CEO of The Hayden's. He was wearing a black armani suit. I thought Mr. CEO would be a middle age-experienced person but the view I saw was different. This guy would be in his mid-twenties probably a year or two older than me. He had the physique of a Greek god with a damn charm on his face no girl could ignore. He was speaking about the deal and was explaining about its advantages of course. He was confident and yes, looked very wise while answering the questions asked by respective companies. Impressive. He was impressive.
I came out of my thoughts when someone cleared their throat. It was Aaron and he was speaking something about the deal.
I tried to register it and he was suggesting someways to improve the deal!!
I looked at the other members and they looks impressed. I then, looked at the CEO and he had an amused expression. He probably was praising Aaron's ideas in his mind.
Oh shucks! I was busy drooling over the CEO and this moron nearly approached the deal. Shucks! Shucks! Shucks!
I've to disagree him and in order to do that I had to listen wisely what he was speaking.

The deal was about offering charity to needy people in our country, that include students, orphanages, research centers and other development centers. (Hayden's were planning it to do for their publicity of course) and what we, we in the sense we five different companies had to show them our intrest in the deal and they'd select whom they found the most useful and clever to be.
And as the middle person we'd have to distribute the charity. We will get a million dollar for distributing it, our company's name would get related to Hayden's which will improve our shares, we can ask them to invest in our company once they start trusting us enough. So basically it had a lot of benefits and that's why 5 best companies of US were fighting for a single deal which Aaron has almost approached.
I was listening to his perspective when he got to be wrong on a point.
This is the time.

"Look, giving charities is something many companies do for publicity and the price your company is giving is also moderate, it wouldn't even really help the needy. Hence it'd be taken for naught. I ain't asking you to change your plan within such a short period and don't charitse the needy. What I suggest you is to increase the amount by a huge number so that it gets noticed by the media first and also it'd help the needy" said Aaron, very very confidently.

"False Mr. Smith" I woke up and continued "increasing the amount would cause a lot of loss to Hayden's. Come on Mr. Smith this isn't a fairy tale going on" I said mocking at him.

Everyone, mind it everyone were shocked by my answer. None was expecting it.
Aaron's expressions turned cold.

"Elaborate?" He questioned glaring at me.

"None thinks for else but themselves" I started "You, I and all of us here are for their own profit so talk mature. Increasing the amount isn't gonna help in anyway. Okay, let's be honest we aren't thinking of needy. And about media noticing us isn't a big deal. The media already know Hayden's are here and they just need a single stunt from Hayden's to spread and a little amount is absolutely alright because the Hayden's is an international company, they aren't local so a mere step is enough to gain a lot of publicity" I said.

"Am I right Mr.CEO?" I asked smiling at him.

"Absolutely" he replied with a triumphant smile.

This is damn easy, just praise the one you want to convince and more than half of your work is over.

"That's what you always do Scarlett. You don't think about someone's life, do you?
You don't think about someone's family, you don't think about the pain anyone would suffer. For God's sake thousands are dying for food and what will happen to this company if they'd charity a bit more amount? Almost nothing. But a nothing by them would save many lives" he said disgusted.

"Always? What did you mean by that Aaron?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow and said "you'd know it better"

"No personal issues, people" the CEO said.

"I rest my opinion" Aaron said while sighing.

"I too, rest" I said.

"We'll announce our decision after a break" the CEO stated and left.

God. What'd happen?

Author's note:

Hello readers,
I'm sorry for the late updates.
I'm being busy.
I'll try to make them faster.

And and and...any guesses?
Who'd approach the deal?
Comment your opinion