Chapter 23

"Just like that" he smirked.

He kissed Ava again, right infront of my eyes and I just stood there looking at them, not knowing what else to do.
Tears never left my eyes because I was trying so hard not to let them out. And I felt the deepest intensity of sadness. I didn't know it existed, I didn't know I could be felt, but at that moment I did. I didn't feel angry, I didn't feel stupid, I didn't feel anything else. At that moment all I felt was sadness.

Jass immediately grabbed my hand and walked me out of that suffocating place. She made me sit in the car, drove me home. She never spoke a word, and I'm thankful to her about that. She dropped me home and said "I know you wanna be alone, just don't do anything stupid, and I trust you on that" and left.

I walked up to my room. I didn't know what to think. I closed the door and sat down on the floor, I rested my head on the bed. My brain was not thinking anything, anything but the flashes of him kissing Ava. Tears rolled down my face. They didn't even need me to blink. They just rolled down. His words echoed in my ears "just like that" his smirk appeared in front of my eyes. His blue eyes were happy, they were happy to hurt me. They were happy to see me in pain. Why? Just like that? Did I hurt him to this extend? Did his ego mattered to him more than our chemistry? Our bond? More than us? Was all of it for the rivalry?  Was winning so important to him?

That night, I screamed in pain. That night I cried my heart out. That night, I felt the deepest form of hurt. That night, my numb brain told me it was all my fault. That night, our best memories felt like the worst nightmares. That night, the costliest ring in my hand felt like the cheapest thing to exist. That night, I was hurt. That night, I was lost. That night, nothing mattered anymore. Because that night, my heart broke.

Aaron's POV:

"Why did you hurt that poor girl Aaron. Did you look at her face? She was hurt so badly. I don't think any mistake deserved this big punishment" Ava spoke.

"Poor girl?" I laughed. "This big punishment?" I laughed again. "What did she do? Right question. She killed my best friend"
Ava was too shocked to reply.

"I know it's hard to believe. A girl with such angelic vibe could do that, but I saw it with my eyes. She killed my best friend. And this is not the biggest punishment for her. It is yet to come"

"What are you saying Aaron? Don't scare me like that" she spoke with horrified eyes.

"Sorry babe! But mercy is for weak"

"Okay. Whatever. I did what you asked me to. Now don't ever call me with what you've done to that poor girl. Bye" Ava left.

I laughed again. People are being so funny. Does she seriously think that was the biggest punishment? That punishment was merely for the suffering I've been through all this time. The revenge for Marx's death is yet to come. The revenge of hurting my ego is yet to come. The revenge of an egoist is YET. TO. COME.

Since the day one have I been plotting in how to hurt her the most. First, I won her trust by saving her life. Then I impressed her, in every way humanly possible and she subconsciously started thinking I was the goal she had to achieve. But in fact the goal was for me to to gain her love. And she started subtle approaches. It took me years of planning, but after seeing the look on her face today I realised everything was worth it. And yet, this is not the biggest punishment. I don't believe the biggest punishment is for her to live with a broken heart, I believe the biggest punishment for her is to DIE with a broken heart. I'll take my revenge by taking away her life.

This is the best day of my life.

I got up and walked to my car, happy as ever I drove home and slept the best slumber of my life.

The next day I got up by an alarm at 7:00am. The most awaited day of my life has come. The last day of Scarlett Van'assche has come.

I wore my casual t shirt and sweat pants.
I walked up to my car, it was 8:00 until then. I drove to Scarlett's place. And I waited in my car. I saw Jass entering her home and now Jass is gonna take her somewhere to cheer her up.

This is the reason you keep track of your enemies. You should know how they live, before they live it already. I waited for her. Maybe there was a chance that I'd have forgiven her for what she did, if she would have just accepted who she really is.

What I hate more than a murder is a hypocrite. She has always been trying to prove that she's so nice, she hasn't done anything wrong, like she's an angel with zero sins in her account, well this sweetheart is going to kill you today.

Putting that tempting innocent face all the time, to impress everybody around you is an immediate cause. I do believe in court and jury, but since you got away with it, I'll take the matter in my own hands. I wanted to kill you from the day you murdered my only best friend and now is the time.

I saw both of them walking out of the house. Scarlett looked pale. She had dark circles around her eyes, and her eyes were swollen. She probably cried the whole night. That dull face of her is the best sight I've seen in entire life span of mine.

Now. They can either go to the office, their friend Veronica's house, to a movie which is less likely or to shopping. On all the roads my men are ready. And if they don't go in the expected routes, I still have back ups. Their car started moving, and I followed them from a good distance. They took the route to shopping. Predictable idiots. I smirked.
As they drove a bit further their car got punctured right infront of the repairing center. Everything accordingly. Both of them came out of their car. I stopped my car too. The repairing center was on the other side of the road. NOW IS THE TIME. They looked around. I AM READY. They spotted the repair center. I HATE YOU SCARLETT. Since the repair center was nearer to Scarlett's place she was the one ahead. SHOULD I BACK DOWN? As she started crossing the road. NOW! I speed boosted my car and I hit Scarlett Van'assche with all the speed I could gain with my car. She was tossed a good few metres away and hit her head badly. Her face was covered with blood. Before Jass or anyone could register what happened I left the place immediately.

Thankful to my huge contacts, my car has no number plate on it. And if anyone tries to investigate further I have enough money to shut it up. I drove to an abondoned building changed my car got back at home and smartly to my room, so nobody knew I left the home in case the police asked me an alibi.

Who says perfect crime does not exist. I'm pretty sure Scarlett won't survive the injury.