Chapter 5

Aaron's POV:

It's lunch time and everyone in my office were.. having their.. lunch? I guess. I had my brunch so I had free time for now, and I decided to checkup on my staff members.

I came out of my office, my PA came to me while holding a coffee cup in her one hand and a file in the other.

"Sir, your coffee" she said and handed it to me.

"Perfect as always" I complemented, after taking a sip of perfection. Not that I was flirting with her but she deserves the complement. She makes it so perfect. My mood gets on just by a sip.

She blushed on my complement.
I started walking. I had no time for this women's stuff. Why are they so complicated? I mean who asked you to blush when someone complements you??
Why do they waste so much of their time doing such silly things??

She came half-walking half-running to me "you've a meeting after lunch sir. Here's the file you asked, you can refer it and demand the needs for our company's profit as you always do, sir" She said sweetly.

"Cancel it. I don't want to." I replied firmly.

"Is everything alright?" She asked concerned.

"I..I don't know. I feel low" I replied sighing.

"Okay" she answered and left.

I was roaming around in my company, simply thinking of the reason for my sadness when two of my employees were playing like they were some senseless kids knowing nothing but to catch the other one.
I stopped and started glaring at them when they stopped. Fear was clear in their eyes and fury in that of mine.

"So...Sorry sir" one of them spoke.

"I want your both resignation letters in my office tomorrow" I stated cold and started walking away.

"Wha- but si.." One of them started.

"It wasn't his fault, sir. It was me who was chasing him. He just was saving himself from me. It was all my fault. I think I am responsible for you wrath" The other one stated running behind me.

"It wasn't his fault, mom. I'm responsible for it not him. I think I should be punished." Marx's words echoed in my head.

"Last warning both of you" I said and left the place leaving all others in shock.

I rarely change my decisions unless I'm getting a really good profit from it. Maybe that's why they were shocked. But this time it was different. It was about Marx. My heart sank in my own tears which I wasn't letting out just after remembering his words.

"Driver-burial-ground" These three words were enough for him to understand what he had to do.
Within few minutes I reached the burial ground. I asked the driver to leave.

"Okay" he said and left handing me the keys of car.

I went in.
I went to his grave.

Marx Lancaster.
27 years old.
Accident
Son of Evan Lancaster and Jimmie Lancaster.
Fiancée of Scarlett Van'assche.

Were the words written on his gravestone. I clenched my fists by reading the last four words.
It wasn't an accident bloody heck. It was a murder.
My best friend Marx was murdered by none other than Scarlett Van'assche!!!

I felt weak.
So weak that I fell on my knees, bowed in front of his grave and started crying.

I miss you Marx.
You..moron
Why did you leave me here?
We were brothers forever. Forever doesn't mean death Marx.
Forever doesn't mean death.
I said while sobbing.
You didn't deserve to die.
You killed yourself because of Scarlett, And she named it as an accident.
She didn't deserve your love broda, She Did Not.

That day when I was with one of my flings at a tourist spot, I saw Scarlett and Marx. I thought you guys were enjoying the scenery of the mountains as the spot was situated on a mountain. I was coming to surprise you when I heard Scarlett and you were fighting. And Scarlett was screaming at you because of which I stood there. I thought it wasn't the time for you to introduce me so I stepped back. I while returning back to my fling heard your voice.

"I'll jump down" you yelled
And then Scarlett replied something in a low voice which I couldn't hear but the very next step you took after hearing it was to...... Jump
So it was obvious that she provoked you to take such hard step. To commit suicide.

She started crying just to make people think that it was an accident and she didn't want you to die. And when police asked the statement, she stated it was an accident. Even Mr. And Mrs. Lancaster took her side. Heck! I've clearly seen it was a suicide? Hell no, it was a murder. I saw Marx wilfully jumping down and Scarlett to drive him to that point. He would never do that. He would never kill himself. He wasn't a coward. He won't run away from his battles, she did it to him. She killed my only friend.

My best friend even warned her that he'll jump but Scarlett didn't care to understand.
And now, I don't care for the rest of the world but for me it was a murder.

And that's why I hate you Scarlett. That's why I hate you.

You killed my best friend.
The moment I see you and your innocent face, I start hating you more.

How can you be so perfect in enacting innocence that everyone falls for your drama?? That cute little face of yours..it might fool others, but not me Ms. Scarlett Van'assche. I ain't gonna fall for your drama.
You're gonna pay for it. You definitely gotta pay for it.