Chapter 18

"We are on"
I said, smiling broadly.

"Really?"
I could hear excitement in his voice.

"Really"
I confirmed.

"That's the best thing I heard since you told you like me"
He replied.

"Yeah, I was so... What? When did I tell that I like you?"
I suddenly realised, resulting by my eyes getting widened.

He started laughing.
"God, I was just teasing. I want to look at your face right now!!"
He chuckled making me smile as well. How does he know me so well?
This feels so good. Enjoying things with him. But what if. What if this turns out to be a betrayal?

Then suddenly the situation became serious. Both of us stopped smiling.

"Aaron?"
I asked.

"I know, Scarlett. This feels so weird. How can we be friends? I mean we hated each other ever since we got to know each other and we are friends now? Just like that?"
He spoke the exact words in my mind which means both of us are clean or he wouldn't be doubtful to this. I kept mum.

"But though I hated you, I had this admiration for you. I mean who wouldn't? You're just so perfect. Like beauty with brains"
I can hear nervousness in his words.

Well honestly, I admired him as well. He's like a Greek god. No one would want to know about his brains or others statuses. Anyone would be too occupied by his looks. He's like girls' deepest desire. But I won't commit it.

"Thank you"
I finally spoke.

"So what about business?"
I quickly questioned before he recognises my thoughts.

"Um. I thought of throwing a huge like very huge party and invite many celebrities so that it gathers a lot of fame"

"Good start"
I commented.

"Yeah, then I thought of launching new products of kitchen appliances and ask those celebrities to publicize and have photo shoots with them"

"We won some industries of clothings as well. We can add a fashion show to the party where we publicize our clothings and designs"
I suggested.

"Yeah, yeah. Heck of plan. Good. So fashion show it is"
He said "but I have a condition" He continued.

"And that is?"

"You shall perform as well"
He said or more like ordered.

"C'mon. We're no kids"
I blushed.

"No. Seriously. There's nothing kiddish in that. You shall perform" He ordered. "Please?
And requested.

Jesus. This guy!!

"No-"

"Please"

"But"

"Please?"

"Uh. Fine"

"Yeah"
He laughed victoriously. He had a contagious laugh.

Then I heard some voices behind him as he said "Scarlett, I'm at work. Talk to you later. Bye"

"Bye" I replied and he hung up.

I am trying to act reserved with him and not being too open. But he's so good. So friendly. I knew from the beginning that he's a guy in people's good books, but as an enemy he was pain in the ***. Although he saved my life without any conditions or profits, and shared his share of food and kept entertaining me.

In the forest when he was walking away when I was feeling that hell of a headache, I saw him resisting to be with me, but his eyes they had care in them.