Chapter 14

I averted my gaze, while his, was still fixated at me.

Even if I admitted that I liked him, we can't ever be friends.
there are a lot of competitions we will have to fight for, and my feelings for him can't be the reason for me to lose. It shouldn't be.

"I was drunk, that wasn't the truth. You know that. Don't you?"
I finally said, I wanted to look normal, as if all of this didn't effect me, but when I said that my words were just a mere whisper.

If Jass would have been here, she'd understand that I was completely disappointed, and sad about my confession for him. But he is obviously not Jass. He would never know what I think.

I looked at him again, for I didn't receive his reply, his eyes were still staring me. Trust me, I get carried away when I look into those eyes. I raised my eyebrows in a questioning gesture, but he neither spoke nor averted his gaze. I swear, I was feeling uncomfortable, I was feeling the deepest form of awkwardness, I was feeling self-conscious, I was speechless, dumbstruck and what not.

"Earth to Aaron"

He finally averted those mesmerizing electric blue eyes and I was truly grateful.
I exhaled my breath, that I didn't know how long was I holding it.

Now, he was just looking down, I couldn't see his expressions but it seemed like he was in a deep trance. Believe me, if I had a wish to do any one thing, I'd just remove this day out of my life.

"Ready" I said.

"Huh?"

"Fishes, fishes are...ready"

He didn't seem to understand what I just told him, for a second, but then he got it because his eyes had become wide, because the realisation hit him hard, "Oh shucks!!" He suddenly turned towards the fishes, which he was holding above the fire for like 10 minutes, and the fishes had gotten burnt at the bottom. He hurriedly removed the stick from above, the flame and took 2-3 palm-sized leaves and placed a fish on each.

I was viewing the whole scene just like that, staring at him as after placing those fishes he looked at me by his peripheral vision. He probably felt self-conscious at that time.

He then, turned to me nervously and I bursted out laughing on the sudden changes in his expressions and how cute he looked when he saw me by his peripheral vision.

Cute??
Oh god. I am loosing it.

"Sorry..." I told him in between the uncontrolled laughters and he smiled at me.

Jesus, this is so awkward that, just a few minutes before I wanted to remove this day out of my life and here I am laughing so hard.
Being with him is really fun.

He then showed his toothy smile and said "Just cut it, Let's not make this situation more awkward"

"Agreed"

He then handed me a leaf and took one for himself.

"The other one?"
I questioned.

"Mine"
He grinned to which I pouted.

"Kidding, will to 50-50 of it"
He then stated.

I smiled satisfyingly.

"But, you didn't ask what my reaction was"
He asked while chewing.

"What reaction?"
I questioned while taking a bite.

"About your confession, yesterday"

I stared at him.

"What? You can ask me that. I said I won't make it uncomfortable"
He defended himself.

"Hmm... So how did you feel at that time?"
I questioned.
I don't know why, but for some reason I feel very comfortable with him.