Chapter 4

At Italian pizzéria

All of my friends came there to eat..... pizza of course.
During the times of my treat, all of them come to feed their stomachs as if I owed a million dollar from each of them.
But I enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing them happy. I enjoyed being the reason for their happiness.

I was sitting among my friends and laughing and talking when I saw them.

When I saw Marx's parents.
They were both sitting 2 tables ahead of us. There faces acted as reminders of the miserable part of life I've been through.

All the memories flooded in my mind.
I...I felt numb.

I couldn't move.

"I love you, my Jiggliepuff"
My...My mind wasn't able to register anything.

"Huh, I ain't no Jiggliepuff, Marxie Darxie"
I wasn't able to find my voice.

"Oh yes, you are. You are MY Jiggliepuff"
Mixed emotions were playing in my head.

"I am not yours"
I wanted to cry.

"You are until I die"

"You won't die"

"I will, everyone has to die Scar"he continued.
"But I am not gonna leave you anytime soon"

"Promise?"

"Promise!"
I was fighting the urge not to breakdown here.

Someone is calling my name.
What's going on?

"Scarlett..Scarlett what's wrong??" Asked Dylan in his concerned voice.

I came back to reality.
I am at a restaurant.
Restaurant?

"Yeah, Nothing. I'm okay" I replied Dylan.

"Where were you lost?" Veronica questioned.

Oh my god. Everyone were staring me. But why?

"Why are you all staring me?" I asked.

"We are calling your name for a minute now and you aren't answering. Is something wrong?" Jass spoke while inquiring my face.

A mins??
What?
And my mind finally registered everything.

Oh shucks. Marx's parents are here. I should leave or they'll create a huge mess if they see me.

"No..no nothing. I ain't feeling good. I feel like I... I'll faint. I think I should leave" I said in just one breath and got up to leave.

"I'll come with you" Jass said.

"Nah, I can go by myself. Thank you" I answered in hurry.

And handed my credit card to Jass and left the place as quick as I could.

At home

As soon as I reached my room I locked myself in bathroom.

"I love you Scarlett. I really do. I want to live with you rather than die for for you. But I promise I'll never leave the opportunity if I ever get a chance to die for you." His words continuously echoed in my head.

I splashed water onto my face repeatedly till the voice faded.
I started crying, sobbing hard. I didn't know what else to do.
I rested my back on the wall and my sobbing wouldn't stop.
I tried. But they wouldn't.
After a while,
I took a long relieving shower.
Even with a lots of water pouring down on my face, I still felt warm tear drops escaping my eyes.
I don't know if the tears had stopped or not, but I surely stopped caring.
I returned to my room, changed into comforting jeans and collapsed on my bed.

"Marx" was the last word I said.

Indeed the slumber after a sob is one of the best feelings.

As I got up on my bed a sharp pain shot my head.

"Ouch" I groaned in pain.

With much difficulty I went into kitchen to drink some water.
Mom was there probably cooking the dinner. When she saw me her face turned worried.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Are you okay?" She asked concern clear in her eyes.

"Yeah, why?" I asked her.

"You look pale" she said and came to me. She touched my forehead and almost yelled "Geez.. You've such high fever Scarlett".

"Oh" was all I could say.

"Sit here" she made me sit on the kitchen counter and went to bring meds.

I think I took him very serious. He's no more in your life Scarlett. He's no more in this.... world.
I thought to myself.

My phone was continuously ringing. It was Jass. She must be worried. But mom wasn't allowing me to receive it unless I complete this bowl of oats.

Eew I hate it. I was sitting on the dining table for past 30 minutes doing nothing but just playing with the oats.
C'mon I won't eat it. Why don't my mom understand that.

I smiled evilly when she left for her room. I ran to the dustbin and dumped my oats into it and went to my room.

I called Jass back. She picked it in the first ring

"Why the hell weren't you answering my calls??!" She yelled.

"I was having my dinner" I replied.

"Oh. Why do you sound low? Are you alright? And why did you leave the restaurant today?
You looked afraid more than unwell. You good?" She asked as if it was the last sentence she'd to tell me.

"I...I saw Marx's parents today in the restaurant" I replied in a very low tone.

It almost took 1 min for her to register it. And her first question was "Are You Okay?"

I sighed. It was the stupidest question anyone would ever ask someone.

"Okay. Sorry. How're you now?" She asked.
Did she just read my mind??

"Better" I simply Stated.

"Good" She replied.

"I don't want to live"
I sighed, but nah tears weren't flowing.

"Scar" she paused, took a deep breath.
"Listen Scarlett.. People are born to die. Everyone will die. You can't just fear oblivion. Can you?
There will come a time, Scarlett when all of us will be dead. All of us. Unlike you.
There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away but ever if we survive the collapse of the sun, we will not survive forever.
There was a time before organisms experienced consciousness and there will be time after. And if the absence of Marx worries you I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that's what everyone else does" She said as if I was sitting in a philosophy class.

"Where did you get this speech from?" I asked.

"From..TFIOS..I literally memorized it.
And was searching for some area to slip it into the conversation..lol!" She laughed.

"Anyways, thanks for the encouragement. I really wanted to argue on this topic but as you know one of the human oblivions is damn necessary to me"

"Eh?" She said out of confusion.

"Sleep" I said and we bursted out laughing.

"Bye" I said yawning.

"Bye" she replied and I hung up.
I love my best friend.

Author's Note:-

Lot of confusions huh?
No worries. Wait for the next chapter and your doubts will be cleared.