Chapter 22

I should cut him some slack.

I reached home and my joyous day didn't feel that joyful now. I shouldn't let him affect my mood to this extend. I thought.
Even if we are engaged, he shouldn't own my highs and lows.

So I decided to work, to get my mind off of that stupid breakfast. I planned new office decorations for V & S and thought of new ways to commercialize and launch new ads and alot more. I didn't realise it was evening until I checked my phone.

I was happy with my work and wanted to share it with Aaron and hear his pov. So I called him. He's been busy too since there was not a single text from him which was kinda unlikely. He didn't pick it up so I called again. I got worried.

The second time, he did pick and I sighed with relief.

"Hi. How are you?" I asked almost immediately.

"I'm good. Why'd you ask?" He was confused.

"I thought you weren't okay. You didn't text or call me since morning, not even check ins so I got worried"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I was kinda busy, cutie"

"Yeah. Listen I wanna meet you. I've some plans to discuss" I said. That was when I heard Ava's voice asking who is it.  "It's Scarlett" Aaron replied.

"Yeah babe. I'm still busy. I'll just call you when I'm free and we'll meet. I'm so sorry" he spoke.

He's with Ava and he claims he's busy?

"Yeah. No. I understand. Okay. Bye" I spoke and he hung up.

Do I? Do I understand? Why is he ignoring me? I thought. Maybe I'm overreacting. I shouldn't expect him to be with me, buzzing around me all the time. He's got a life. A busy one. I should seriously understand that. I could be busy too.

I was really tired. So I decided to take a nap. It's been a long day. I've never worked the whole day in my life. Like ever. And I got up early today. This is surely an achievement. These were the thoughts when I lost consciousness to my sleep.

I felt a hand strangling me around my neck. It felt tighter every second to a verge where I felt no air in my lungs and suddenly the hand disappeared and I took all the oxygen inside of me as I was panting because of lack of air. I looked around and I was on my bed. That's all I could see because it was really dark around. I couldn't see the rest of my room, only my bed because of some indifferent light which shockingly had no source.

After catching my breath, I looked around trying to register everything when I heard a voice. "Anthony" it said. I panicked. I tried to get up as I was still lying on my bed but I couldn't move. I tried to call for mom but I couldn't move an inch. I tried so harder but to not. My brain was to numb to response because of the shock and I just wouldn't understand. I opened my mouth again, but no voice escaped nor did I move.

I just wouldn't understand what on earth was happening. I was fighting so hard to move yet all I could hear was "Anthony" it was like something was holding me tightly to where I lived and I was too weak to move. Maybe physically, but mentally I kept fighting and the more I fought the more confused and fearful it felt. Suddenly a face filled with blood appeared right in front of my eyes, inches away from me and I screamed for my life.

I woke up and saw my mom running towards me.

"What happened, hon?" She asked worriedly "are you okay?" She continued.

I looked around only to realise that was a dream. A nightmare. My breath was still heavy and that was really really bad dream.

"I'm okay. I think it was just a bad dream" I said to mom. I felt like crying as I hugged her and in a few seconds the major memories just disappeared like that of every dream does.