Chapter 20

At least my last memory with him shouldn't be like that!

I entered hurriedly searching for my mom but she was nowhere in sight. I couldn't control the tears so I ran to the washroom or I'd have created a scene, especially in front of media. I started crying, it felt like I can't bare the pain of his betrayal. I felt helpless. You know, when you are locked up in a buried coffin and you are not dead. You just keep knocking, beating up the lid furiously, you can't breathe, the space is too less, you can't even turn your body or your head, you are suffocating and nobody's there to help and eventually your brain refuses to fight back so you give in and slowly your life is bidding you a farewell and you are dying, very slowly and suddenly! You realise you can't give up so you hit the lid again but to void. You know that feeling of helplessness? That was how I was feeling. I was suffocating. I don't know how long was I crying cause I heard applauds and I realised I can't give up I came out to see the ceremony had started. People were enjoying, there was music, promotions, appreciation and I desperately searched mom. Instead, I found Jass. She looked at me and her expressions were like she saw a ghost. Perhaps I looked like a ghost.

"What the hell have you made up of yourself Scar? What happened? Where were you?"
She was so worried.

"I-I messed up"
I sobbed.

"You come with me first", she dragged me back to the washroom "Tell me what the hell happened?"

And I narrated her the complete story "So did he accept that he betrayed?" She asked.

"I didn't ask" I said, "but I know, he has been acting...hideous lately, I know he was hiding something and I did the 2+2 I said"

"So what would he be benefitted with? It is a merged company, everything will belong to both of you. I-I don't understand"
She said

"Neither do I" I replied.

"Okay, well his intentions will be seen later, ceremony has started now and we can do nothing but to wait and you can't look like this so here, wash your face and I'll do your make up and Scar" she paused "We'll handle it" she lightly pressed my hand and we did accordingly.

As I came out, it was the fashion show going on and people were enjoying. I finally spotted mom, but what do I say to her? I was so scared.

People were congratulating me and I was smiling or fake smiling do I say cause I was so hurt. As a responsibility, yes I was thinking about VGOC but me? Aaron and my moments were on a repeat mode in my mind and I.. I and again tears started forming in my eyes.

Suddenly the fashion show was stopped in the middle and everyone including I were confused as I heard Aaron's voice

"Ladies and gentleman, please be seated in your places as I, Aaron Smith, have an important announcement for you all"
He spoke.

My heart stopped beating. This was not in the plan. Jass came running towards me, as she held my hand and whispered in my ear "If he betrays us, I'm gonna sue the hell out of him" she said.

"So as you may know it's been so hectic to merge our companies with a 50-50% partnership buy" He stopped.

Is he gonna mess up with the shares?
I thought.

"But the days I got to spend with VGOC were priceless, I learned so much and I" He paused again.

What is he up to?

"I don't know where I am going with this but people, I in front you all" his voice suddenly raised "with the blessing of my parents am proposing Ms. Scarlett Van'assche to marry me"

.............

Everyone turned towards me including Aaron.

"Scar, can I have you at stage?"
He called out.

"What am I to do?"
I whispered to Jass.

"Just go" she said looking as shocked as I am.

I walked up to the stage, slowly keeping my head low, not even daring to look up at him as I reached there I did what I was most afraid, at that moment, to do. I looked him in the eye.
He smiled whispering "you're beautiful" and kneeled

"Scarlett Van'assche, the most beautiful girl of course after my mom have I ever seen is you. I'm not good at doing with the proposing speeches, cause I haven't ever done that neither have I ever thought of it, but you. You make me do things that I won't ever do for anyone. You make me see world with a different perception. Before you, I felt irritated when girls around me used to blush, or tuck their hair behind the ear, or battled their eyelashes, or smiled too much but after knowing you I want to keep complementing you only so that I can see your cheeks turning a shade of red, now I desperately want that lock of hair to fall so that I myself can tuck it back, and when you -in a fake way obviously but battle your eyelashes I wish to god I had a pause button in my life so that I would keep staring at that expression of yours, or your smile? Don't get me started! Not exaggerating but when I see you smile, I like this world more, I like to be existing and I'd exist a thousand more times just to see your beautiful smile, so Scarlett Van'assche allow me to experience those beautiful scenes everyday in my life. Will you marry me?" He announced.

Tears again, started forming in my eyes.

"And I wouldn't ever think to betray you! Indeed, I've been secretly busy these days but I was busy for this" he said while taking out a ring - oh I haven't ever seen a ring like that. It was covered with fine and very small pieces of diamonds which perfectly made a top and in addition to it was a series of Sapphire stones connected to a huge square shaped diamond at the top and sapphires connected to four sides.

 It was covered with fine and very small pieces of diamonds which perfectly made a top and in addition to it was a series of Sapphire stones connected to a huge square shaped diamond at the top and sapphires connected to four sides

It would cost him an eternity!

"Not to brag but this" he paused thinking of his words "was really hard to get" he laughed making me laugh as well.

I thought of the time when we hated each other, and eventually we became friends. Sharing all the secrets and understanding unthought feelings we became best friends and somewhere between being best friends and being obsessive about each other what I experienced, the happiness I felt, the bonding I shared, the addiction I realised, the undefined feeling, the unsaid truth, the irreplaceable memories, the places in each other's heart, the fear or losing each other, the envy, the rights to insult, the beauty in our relation if this isn't love then I don't know what is.

"Scar, my knee hurts" he laughed making me drool over him as I  said, "I will!"