Chapter 9

After talking to Jass and getting congratulated by her, I've decided to go to the office.
After all I'll be the new manager there.
'Manager', Ah.. How satisfying this word is. I smiled.

I took my keys from the key stand and also the agreement of deal then left after locking the door and checking properly if its actually locked or is pretending to be locked.
I mean doors doesn't pretend to be locked, but when I think they're locked they wouldn't actually be.
And mom scolds me for keeping the door open.
Grow up mom, we've a watchman.

I've come to the parking and after taking my matte black limo I left for the office.

I think I should buy a new car, I don't feel like driving this after that accident with Aaron.
Although after that accident I gave it to repair and it's perfectly alright now, but still. I want a new one.

Hey, how about buying it by my first salary?
But Jesus I won't be getting such big amount just by a mere post of manager.
So what? I'll save it.
Wow. This sounds so perfect.

"Peep, peep...peeeepppp"

Jesus.

Life would be more perfect, if there was no traffic in this stupid country.

I hate these noises of horn.
Why do they even blow it?
The latter isn't gonna fly his car up. Why don't they understand?
People just can't keep patience.

After much of the difficulty created by those idiots, I finally reached office.

When I was on the way through to my mom's cabin, almost everyone were looking me with pitiful eyes and were giving me a sympathetic smile.

But why?

Oh. Wait
I guess, they're assuming that I failed.

Weellll, it's time to tease mom.

After reaching to her cabin,
I knocked the door twice or thrice.

"Come in" she said.

Guilty mode: on

"Mom..." I lowered my head while saying the word.

"Yes?" She asked staring at me.

I came and sat on the chair in front of her.

"Actually..." I said and sighed eventually.

In response, she turned her head away with disappointment clear in her eyes.

She then took 2-3 seconds, probably to come out of the misery that I failed.

She squeezed my hand and said "it's okay Scarlett"

"It is not mom. How can it be??
It's a big loss"

"I know, but approaching it was real hard. I should've sent an experienced person rather than an amateur. It's partially my mistake too" she replies.

"Do you know what?" I asked.

She raised her brows on my question.

"MY. MOM. DOESN'T. COMMIT. MISTAKES" I said.

"No just let it be, Scar..." She stopped halfway.

Damn. Her face, clearly confused. She just looked at me bewildered. Must be thinking what I gave her, the hint of.

I bursted out laughing.

"Oh god, I should've captured your reaction" I said giggling.

She rolled her eyes.

"Does this mean you..." She asked.

"I-What? Mom." I asked innocently.

"Nothing" she nodded.

Damn. She looks so cute when confused. Like a lost kid seeking for her answers.

I laughed again and said "yeah mom, I approached it. And here are the agreement papers" I gave them to her.

She took it from me and read them carefully and looked at me, looked at me in disbilef.

"You..you..did you actually do it?" She asked, her voice cracked.

"Yes mom" I said with a toothy smile.

"Oh my dear Scarlett, you've grown up" she cried in happiness.

I wiped her tears and said, "Come on mom, my mom isn't allowed to cry".

" Yeah, right" she said and rolled her eyes.

I laughed again. I just love to be the reason for her happiness. Especially when the happiness is so damn relieving.

I was going to reply her but a message popped in my phone.

It read:

'Dear Ex-Harvardians,

It has been roughly,
Five years
Five months
Twenty-one days
And three hours.

In other words,

It's time to Reunite❤'

After reading it I was above the seventh heaven.
I wanted this reunion so badly.
I missed my friends damn.
I miss that less complicative life because the only complications at that time was to wake up early morning.

After reading the message, all the memories flooded in my mind. The way we enjoyed, teased the professors, pranked friends, bullied juniors, those boys vs girls fights and whatnot.

I quickly replied to that number "I'm in, message me the details"
I was really happy to have this reunion.

Mom must've noticed my expressions so she asked
"What happened?"

I took both of her hands in that of mine and started dancing with her gladly.

"Omg Scarlett, what happened??" She asked laughing confusedly whilst swaying with the imaginary music with me.

"We are having a reunion mom. After such long period, we are finally having a reunion" I almost cried in happiness.

"Oh, that's really a great news. You should absolutely go, it will be great fun" she said.

"Yeah" I smiled.

I feel like the luckiest person in the damn universe.
Nothing can be more perfect.