Chapter 15

"Is there something personal?"

Her words rang in my head like a disaster itself.

Should I tell her about Marx?
How will she react?
What if she didn't murder him at all, and it was all my misunderstanding?
What if I ask her about it, and she won't speak to me ever again?
And if all the killing thing was correct then she definitely won't talk to me as her disgrace was exposed?

By either of the reasons, she will definitely stop talking to me. I think telling this to her is a bad idea like really bad one.

So I decided to be quiet. I, because didn't want to loose her. Not yet.

"Earth to Aaron"
Oh yes, she's waiting for my reply.

"I screw my enemies in every possible way"
I smiled evilly.

"You TRY TO screw..."
She intended the word 'try'.

She never gives up. Does she?
I've seen many girls or do I've to say all the girls I've observed lately, use their seductive tonings to persue anything, girls usually don't fight for it, they plead for it, and the thing is they get it easily, but Scarlett..
What I know about her is, she is a fighter. She's not a survivor, she's a warrior.
And that I think, is the best part about her.

"Yeah, whatever"
I let out a soft laugh.

She smiled at me sweetly.
And her smile, it can literally melt anyone's heart.

"Are you a native American?"
I asked her.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I hadn't seen anyone as beautiful as you, ever in this place"
I stared at her eyes.

I saw her cheeks turning into a shade of red.
She blushed at my compliment.
It is exactly what all others do, but she... She just made it look so good, so beautiful.
I would complement her every second if I get such a beautiful sight to see.

Damn, this girl manages to leave me dumbfounded, even without uttering a word.

"How long do we have to walk?"
She broke my trance.

"That you have to tell us"
I replied.

"Yeah..."
She realised.

"But, I'm already tired"
She continued.

"We can rest"
I told.

I'd never take a break like that, if there would be any other girl with me, because once I start something I stop only after finishing it.
But this girl, I always had this urge to protect her, to keep her safe, to look at her smiling face.
I had this thing since forever, even when we were rivals, and that I don't know why.

"No, I'll walk"

Here she's, breaking all the stereotypes.

"So... Are you from the same town? I mean or have you shifted?
Because I've never seen or heard about your family in the town before, before of course we turned out to be rivals"
She asked.

"Yeah, no, yeah"
I laughed nervously.
Why the hell am I being nervous???!!!

"Yeah actually, we shifted"

"Ooh"
She mumbled.

"Yeah, my grandpa had this company here... Which we kind of abandoned from years.
But when grandpa died, the company came to us in the will.
And we made it reach the peaks of success"

"Impressive"
She commented.

"Inspirational"
I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

I already started liking our bond.