Chapter 8

I was sitting in some canteen of the building where the meeting was held.
I was thinking about the meeting, not that who's gonna approach it. I was thinking what Aaron was saying?

Always?? What the hell did he mean by that?? I don't think about someone's life?? Bullshit.
I wanted to know what he was taunting me about. It was clear in his words that he was talking something else.
Something unrelated to this topic.
Whose life did I take??
I really want to know damn.
He can't just taunt me like that.
In the meeting when he was using those kiddish indirect words I wanted to grab his collar and ask him the reason.
But Jesus, I couldn't do it. It wasn't the right place.

My chain of thoughts were disturbed when I saw him.
This. This is the right place. He has to answer my questions I thought and moved towards him.

"What were you talking about?" I asked him.

He was sitting on a table and was drinking coffee.

He raised an eyebrow questioning me.

"Don't act innocent Aaron, what were you taunting me for?" I asked very furiously.

"How many sins are you going to take with yourself to hell?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.
I was confused. Has he lost it? What the hell is he speaking.

"How many lives have you taken using your innocent face??" He asked as furious as me. But what for?

I was confused.
"Zero" I replied holding my chin up. He was really tall.

He crooked a smile. "One more sin added. Again a lie" he said.

"I ain't lying" I said gritting my teeth.

"Then what about Ma..." He stopped mid-sentenced.

He stood bewildered. His expressions were unreadable.

"What??" I yelled.

"Nothing" he said and left the place simply.

Freak. He just has nothing to say. That's why he's making stupid stories and is diverting my concentration.
I won't let him win.
I will approach this deal. I've no second option.

Aaron's POV:

"Zero" she replied holding her chin up.

Look how wisely you act innocent, Scarlett.

I crooked at her. "One more sin added. Again a lie" I said.

"I ain't lying" she replied gritting her teeth.

What the hell??
She killed my best friend and she's acting as if she didn't do anything. God knows how many guys has she killed like this.

"Then what about Ma..." I stopped. Shucks. She doesn't know that Marx and I were best friends.

"What?" She yelled.

I can't even afford to let her know about our friendship. But this stupid murderer is irritating me. She's really good at acting. I must say.
But telling her the truth is the last thing on the earth I want to do.

"Nothing" I replied and walked away.

I've to concentrate on the meeting. But Scarlett? How can she be so merciless?
I mean killing my friend wasn't enough for her that she now isn't thinking about the poor?
She doesn't deserve a happy life.
I wish I had proofs against her but to my fate I don't.

The meeting was gonna start within a few minutes. Oh god I wish Hayden's are some sensible people and they understand about the importance of a life, they understand a life is more precious than money, they understand what I was trying to say. I hope the deal is with us.