Camping

"Jace, I, uh, I'm..." I gave up on trying to explain because honestly, I had no idea what I was going to say. Did I tell him that I was sorry for being into guys? Could I really lie to him about that? Did I want to?

"Alec, it's fine. I found a magazine in your sock drawer, which might I just say isn't creative at all." Jace spoke with his hands and I sat there dumbfounded. I had thrown the magazine out two years ago. It hadn't even been mine. Izzy got it for me as a joke gift.

"That was so long ago? Why didn't you say anything?" I demand feeling hurt and angry for him not telling me.

"I could ask you the same thing." He pointed out.

"Well, I was well you know, I mean you're..." I drop my head into my hands and groan. "Fuck, I''m a dick aren't I?"

Jace reached across the console and wrapped his arm around me. "Alec, you're not at all. I know that you were just scared and maybe if I weren't such an ass you would have felt safe enough to tell me."

"That wasn't the only reason I didn't want to tell you." I admitted. I don't know why I felt like it was time to tell him just how much I loved him but I blame it on the fact that I felt like I couldn't hold any more secrets.

"Alec," Jace lifted my face with his finger under my chin. "You can tell me anything." 

He leaned in closer and my heart started racing was he going to tell me that he loved and that he wanted to be with me? Were my dreams going to come true? Sure, I had spent better than a year forcing myself to lose my feelings for him but when he gave me that look they all came crashing back. 

"Alec?" Jace asked with a twinkle of something in his eyes.

I did what I thought he wanted, what I thought I wanted. I leaned in and kissed him. For a moment I told myself it was a good kiss but then as his hand went to my shoulder I pulled back and burst out laughing. Had I just lost my fucking mind?

"Ah, Alec..." Jace started to say but I stopped him with the wave of my hand.

"That was horrible and awkward. I'm sorry." I said with another chuckle. "I may be gay but definitely not for you, at least not anymore."

"Oh thank God." Jace let out a sigh of relief and fell back against the seat.

"Honestly, how do you ever get dates?" I smacked his chest. "I may have only been kissed by one other person but by the angel, you're terrible." 

"Hey! I am a damn good kisser! Thank you very much. Sorry that I couldn't get it on with my best friend who happens to be a guy, but by no means should you attribute that bad kiss to me."

"Well, it sure as hell wasn't my fault." I declared and put my car in drive.

"Oh yeah, what if that one person was just nice when they said you were a good kisser?" Jace asked.

"They wouldn't lie."

"Oh, yeah. Who was it?" 

"Your mom."

"You're gay."

"Right, it was your dad."

"Try again."

"Fine, you're not going to be happy." I pulled onto the freeway towards our campsite.

"Come on Alec, remember your black eye? Clearly, secrets don't work well between us." Jace said and I sighed.

"Magnus." I waited for him to yell or shout or even hit me but he just took a deep breath and released it.

"Well, I guess I can see why you would think he was attractive." He finally said and I almost swerved off the road from surprise.

"You're not pissed?" I asked him as I pulled off on our exit.

"No, sure it bothers me but really he isn't a terrible guy." Jace shrugged.

"You were literally wanting to kill him just minutes ago." I pointed out.

"Yeah, and I had your tongue in my mouth just minutes ago." Jace shrugged again then ran his fingers thorugh his hair. "Listen, I'm not going to just magically be okay with you two dating, but I can be okay with you wanting to explore. And I know that he won't hurt you." Jace paused. "Or I will kill him."

"Thank you, Jace." I smiled at him as I parked by our camp site.

"You're not going to kiss me again are you?" He smirked.

"Will you ever pretend that never happened?" I asked him.

"Nope." He laughed. "By the way. About Magnus not letting me date his sister. He did have a good reason as much as it pains me to admit it. I was kind of dating her friend at the same time."

"Asshole!" I shoved him and laughed.

"Ouch, I stopped once I realized that I was in love with her but it was too late by then. Clary was pissed and I'm pretty sure Magnus didn't have to work too hard to get her to leave me."

"I'm sorry." I frowned. "Maybe you can work things out. Prove to her that you're a changed man."

"Yeah, I mean it's got to help that I have a gay best friend right?" He teased and walked into me as we went to our tent.

"Yeah," I ran my fingers through my hair, "about that. No one can know."

"Consider it forgotten, except when we're alone." 

"That works for me. As a matter of fact. I could use your help with the whole Magnus thing." I admitted as I unzipped the tent.

A/N Sorry if the whole Jace Alec kiss thing bothered you but I thought it was really important to prove that Alec doesn't actually have those feelings for Jace. That's one thing with the show that bothered me a bit because they never really dealt with that. Anyway hope you enjoyed! Sorry, once again, for the late update! I'm thinking I'll update every Sunday for sure.