The Bloody Date

"Here, let me see it." Magnus took my hand in his so he could see my bleeding knuckles once we were back at my house, inside. He slowly pulled them to his mouth and kissed each one. "Better?"

"I think that made it worse," I admitted and then wanted to die. He was flirting! I'm such a fucking idiot. "I mean it's definitely helping. Yep. I'm healed." I wrenched my hand out of his grip and opened the bag of food. 

"Here you go." I shoved his burger into his chest. "Drink?" He grabbed both things with a look of bemusement on his face.

"Thank you." He said smoothly and set them down on the coffee table. "First though, let me actually heal you."

He got up and walked to the kitchen with the grace I could only dream of having. I followed him even though I knew he wouldn't find bandages in the kitchen. They were all in my room. I turned and walked up the stairs with the plan to grab them before he noticed. 

"By the angel!" I shouted as I tripped over the very first step. The step I had been using since I could walk, yet still couldn't manage to navigate.

"Do we need to put you in one of those hamster bubbles?" Magnus grabbed my arm to pull me up and kept his arm linked with mine. He gave my hand a squeeze and then looked into my eyes. They were almost yellow, they were so golden.

"That's not a good idea," I said, completely unaware that this was another moment until he looked confused and then started to laugh at me. 

"So many questions." He teased.

"Jace got me one last year and well," I unzipped Magnus's jacket that I was still wearing so I could show him the scar on my side. 

"What?" Magnus reached out and touched the jagged scar with a purple painted nail.  "Poor baby."

"It wasn't so bad." I was about the shrug when Magnus's finger started to trace the scar. I inhaled sharply and looked down to watch his dark skin move against my lighter flesh. Then it was as if the dam burst. His other hand joined the other and they moved up my chest at lightning speed. The next thing I knew the jacket was on the ground and I was sitting on the third step with Magnus wrapped around me. He kissed me in a way like never before. I had never felt so frenzied. It made me think of a shark attack, a delicious shark attack that I'd want for the rest of my life. 

Our tongues sparred, pushing between my mouth and his. Our teeth clanked, I bit his lip and heard a sound I had never heard from him before. I needed to breathe; my lungs were aching, begging for oxygen and yet I couldn't break away from him. His hands were tangled in my hair and mine were on his back, his shirt was as far up as it could be without us breaking contact. 

"Woah," Magnus quickly leaped up, off my lap and stepped backward until he was pressed against the wall on the other side of the room. "I'm sorry. That was."

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't. How could I articulate my thoughts at that moment without sounding like a lunatic? He's mine. I need him. I love him. I shook my head, trying to drown out the thoughts that were shooting through my mind at blinding speed. 

"I'll, um," I tried to speak and still it didn't work. I finally gave up and stood up. I walked up the stairs at a snail's pace, it was the fastest that I could go. I opened my door and walked into my messy, safe room. This was where I needed to stay. He would leave and that would be better for us both. Why? You want this.

"Alexander," Magnus said my name with such emotion that I froze. All thoughts left my mind except him. Even the fact that my room was a disaster. I opened my door and Magnus looked at me as if I were a unicorn in a world where they had never existed.

"Are unicorns real?" I said out loud to my complete embarrassment.

"I'd believe anything right now." Magnus placed his hands on my chest and I looked down almost expecting to see fire from the heat I was feeling. He pushed me and I stumbled backward until I fell against my bed. 

"Mag," I whispered.

"Alexander," Magnus pressed me back and kissed my neck. He sucked and I kicked out. "Ouch!" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Ticklish," I frowned with embarrassment. 

"Really?" Magnus kissed across my collarbone. "How about here?" His lips slid across my neck and I squirmed, not because of being tickled. 

"What the hell?" A bellowing voice sounded somewhere in the real world, but in my room, it was just us. Magnus and me. It was the world I wanted to be in.

I grabbed Magnus and flipped us over so his back was on my bed. I ripped his shirt off and tossed it into one of the many piles of things in my room. I leaned back down and our mouths met. We kissed like we had on the stairs like our lives depended on it and at that moment they did. 

A/N Thought I owed you one for taking so long! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Let me know if you want more! I miss seeing your comments and reactions! Love you all!